We sure could use a President Bartlett and "West Wing" again

Not even close. Santos and Bartlet were both Democrats and the election was already over.

Santos and Bartlet were engaged in a game of “good cop bad cop” with Russia and China in an attempt to get them to come to an agreement in their conflict over Kazakhstan (US troops were in the middle between the Russian and Chinese armies)…with Santos being the bad cop and Bartlet the good cop…trying to get them to an agreement before Santos took office.

The NSA was monitoring Santos’ communications with the Russian and Chinese leaders (actually they were monitoring all calls placed to Russian and Chinese leaders)…not sure if they ever justified the legality of them doing that, and I don’t know if that would be legal even in a crisis situation such as they were in on the show…but it is a TV show, for Pete’s sake.

But it wasn’t even close to the situation you tried to make it out to be.

Of course he wouldn’t like the show.

The reasons should be obvious.

:heart:
Thanks Jay.

Republicans always being portrayed as Dr. Evil is a good place to start.

Actually in the show, Republicans were not, in fact, always portrayed as Dr. Evil.

You can debate as to whether they were actually shown upholding conservative principles.

Just the vast majority of the time were they portrayed as that.

Hell the show was called a liberal’s idealized wet-dream of an administration.

Again- actually they were not.

But I can tell you haven’t watched the show.

I watched a few episodes years ago. Realized it was a Democrat feel-good show and that was it.

Well that I won’t argue with…but it’s more like a feel good show for people who wished their government operated in an idealized manner.

It was liberal-leaning but didn’t demonize Republicans.

Personally, the fun I had watching it is because both Sorkin and his President Bartlet character were kind of arrogant know-it alls…and many times they got basic facts wrong, and I liked to call it out when it happened…because I’m an arrogant know-it-all too…difference is, I’m usually always right. :sunglasses:

It’s kind of scary at the same time too if it’s not just trolling.

1 Like

Republicans don’t like to feel good? That may explain the last thing presidential election.

Are you sure you’re not thinking of Westworld? Because you are not describing West Wing.

I watched a few episodes and the republicans always appeared bumbling and incompetent.

You sure you weren’t watching a Penguins game and thinking about the officials?

:sunglasses:

1 Like

It’s not evil to be either.

Well that could have been. But democrats always were portrayed as the smartest, purest souls, and republicans were the dirt.

Yeah, I remembered they were in cahoots on it, but I simply didn’t post that part.

Doesn’t negate the fact that people in the “bartlett administration” were spying on santos communications during the transition, and they had a phony dust up over russia.

Exactly as I first posted. You just fleshed it out a little.

Sounds like some people have shoddy memories. Or comprehension problems.

Either way, I’m right. Now confirmed by yet another poster. Your West Wing expert didn’t even remember there being anything about the russians.

Watch the damn episode for cripes sakes.

Would you agree to misguided and only in a positive light when they compromised?

And old and white and male if I remember right.