We sure could use a President Bartlett and "West Wing" again

Nah, that was president Kirkman. Not Jack Bauer.

Umm well no he engaged in an extra judicial killing, lied to the Americans people regsrding an illness and there was. Recession in his watch

My wife, who’s a huge fan as I said in the OP, said there was nothing with Russia at the end of the series.

Eight years, one day equals one episode. You gonna need the best writers ever. :grin:

That was a great show!

1 Like

I did this exact thread on the old board. I like the fantasy. Bartlet wad hardly perfect. It’s a 90s show. Won’t work.

Well that’s just completely wrong. I only watched it once, but I know for a fact that isn’t true.

Well, West Wing was nominated for 95 Primetime Emmys and won 26. They had good writers. Maybe they can bring some of them back.

You watched it once? Are you sure you’re talking about WW?

I was talking about 24 hours.

West wing was an excellent show. Aaron Sorkin is awesome if you are 25. I loved him st that’s age. I still rewatch Social Network. I quote that and West Wong pretty regularly.

All that being said he is repetitive and condescending… that’s why i love him :heart_eyes:

Yes he or she is. It lasts an episode or two but there is a parallel.

The new york times disagrees with you and your West Wing expert in residence.

Yes, one time. I have a good memory.

And if you read that story it says nothing about spying on Russia. So your memory was faulty and you were indeed wrong.

Which is not to say that President Bartlet escaped making some of the hard decisions that President Bush faced in real life. This year, Bartlet was shown agonizing over whether to commit 10,000 American troops to an escalating, fictional conflict on the border shared by Russia, Kazakhstan and China.

And thanks for the link. I’d forgotten that one of the writers on the show was Lawrence O’Donnell, now the 10 p.m. host on MSNBC.

I never said anything “about spying on russia.” My memory is just fine and you still have zero idea of what you’re talking about.

And my link was in response to this post:

Proving that your wife is wrong. FreeandClear already told you I was right about what I posted.

Don’t be so stubborn. It doesn’t really matter.

But I’m still right! :smiling_imp::sunglasses:

There is a whole episode about proportional response. It’s good.

To refresh your memory. You weren’t.

1 Like

Not even close.

Why even mealey-mouth…

I don’t run.

Obama must have been a fan.