We Need To Stop the Shutdown & Go Back to Work

That isn’t up to him. You elect your Governor. Your Governor is the “President” of your state.

Trump is doing all he can to help. What your Governor does is up to them and it affects you.

There are plenty of people, like me, who instituted a stay in place order for their employees.

Don’t look to government to tell you what to do. Use your head. Unpopular as it may be? Do what you think is right for your microcosm.

If trump would come out strongly and say “please do this” Govs like FLA who is a trump sycophant would likely listen.

Trump honestly is a coward. He is afraid to upset people, and is afraid to put himself in a position to be held accountable.

You can see this in the fact that he never fires people directly. For all his bluster, he is uncomfortable with having to make the tough calls.

2 Likes

Safe spaces are in short supply when reality knocks on your door.

2 Likes

Governors are free to do what they deem necessary. I get that some people don’t understand the role of a Governor vs. a President. .

2 Likes

What’s your qualification for criticizing it?

You do realize no matter how it is handled it is going to flare back up, right?

2 Likes

Of course I do…we have to be ready to fight it when it does without having to go all draconian again.

We are not there yet.

How?

What’s your qualification for asking me that question?

I have a master’s degree in common sense and a PhD in whataboutism.

5 Likes

Nice.

1 Like

So, we’re looking at a possibility of upwards of 100K deaths in the U.S and your position is to purposely put millions of Americans at risk? Thanks, but no thanks.

How do you feel this is going to end?

Horribly.

No seriously. What do you feel is going to happen?

It actually wasn’t a horrible plan in general…the logistics behind doing it make it impossible to implement at this time.

Plus how are you going to make people go get tested? Order them to?

There is evidence that having it once does not make you immune from getting it again or being able to spread it again.

Post it please.

So when the governor of Florida does nothing and allows Spring Break to happen, then a lot of them catch and spread corona virus to whatever state the infected live, I guess we applaud the governor for bringing in revenue? Applaud the governor for allowing kids to have a good time? Who should tell the governor that his inaction is causing a lot more people to become infected?

Why?