We hit a milestone We now have two times as many that recovered from it then those that died with CV

You’re going to be awaiting a while. But I am too. I really want “New Deaths” to go to zero and stay there. Or at least double then single digits.

It would be interesting what’s final tally when everything is said and done.

Yes, Washington seems to be fairing well. I’m glad for you. We had a rough day today. We need to keep our cities closed a while longer.

Yes some wouldn’t have died if it weren’t for CV…but numbers could be 2/3rds of them were dead men walking. And they no doubt “got it” in nursing home of hospital.

Yes, it’s in the CARES Act. 4440 I believe.

1 Like

This is a pretty idiotic thread we are going down.

50k Americans dies of covid. Some of them- a small percentage would have died in this time frame regardless. But that amount is baked into our national death rate. We are way above our national death rate.

It’s just that simple.

1 Like

Still as many as those who died in the Viet Nam War in only three months instead of all of the years of war.

We won’t. We might get a bit closer than we are now, but that’s it. Assumptions have to be made, science is not exact.

Maybe prognosis is the wrong word.
I’ll use my 94 year old Mom in Assisted Living.
Her heart is slowly winding down, but she’s still hanging in there.
If she contracts COVID next week and dies from pneumonia, to me, she died as a result of COVID.
She may have died sometime in the next year, but she otherwise didn’t die on that day from heart disease.
It’s just how I see it.

I agree. It ran through nursing homes.

Then don’t go down it. You are free to disengage at any time.

Some of them wouldn’t have died but for CV?

Many have died because of CV.

Perhaps you can liken it to pouring gasoline on a fire.

Yes, COVID is a more efficient killer than the NVA. Unfortunately, I imagine some survived the first to be taken by the 2nd. I know of one MOH.

En Paz Descansa CSM Bennie Adkins (Ret)

Yes…I’ve been paying attention and playing the odds.

Like when I went to home depot in Redmond, that zip code/area has total of 30 cases or 133.4 per 100 thous while one on Bothell has 52 or 211.5 per 100 thous. Both are about same driving distance. :wink:

1 Like

Oh…that explains lot then.

We’re a little over 13,000, but I’ve watched WA drop from first to now 16th in total cases. We’re doing pretty good.
I’m looking forward to getting out and about around June.
I see where Inslee is now letting outdoor construction resume. That’s good.
Now that Boeing is back in the factory, I’ll be real interested to see if their measures prevent another outbreak. If so that will be really reassuring.

3 Likes

I hate to do this, what if she contracts COVID and passes from heart failure, God Forbid?

If you have health issues, anything that weaken the immune system effect all those other health issues too.

Its why people who get radiation treatment for cancer die from common colds.

What if there was no COVID-19?

Stop posting with emotions and stick to facts.

My zip code area is .115 percent that tested positive with 1 dead. Think about that for moment. All we know he or should could of had heart disease of other problems in which he or he have croaked from.