We hit a milestone We now have two times as many that recovered from it then those that died with CV

But from this story, we see that in the 31 days ending April 4 in NYC, the daily death average death toll was double the normal daily average death toll.

Which is why I asked to see the actual report instead of a screenshot of a graph.

Yes, some people who did not have diabetes also died. Some others probably died because they were afraid to go to the hospital.

I’m not sure what you’re saying. Have you seen Italy’s numbers on comorbidity?

Diabetes killed 80k
Covid has killed 50k
If you have both and you die, which one is more likely to have killed you?

We’ll hit another milestone NLT Sunday - 1 million cases. Not counting the antibody tests.

1 Like

Look at it the other way.

If you have diabetes but don’t have Covid what are your chances at survival?

Our death rates tell you that no, that wouldn’t have happens in the two months we’ve been dealing with covid.

Isn’t really a question of timing though?
If you have diabetes and your prognosis is another year or so, and then you get COVID and die tomorrow, I’d label that as a COVID death (with co-morbidities)

I understand another key metric is when the active case curve starts to go down.
I’m anxiously awaiting to see that.

NY state loses about 10 thousand people a month from heart disease, cancer, stroke, diabetes. respiratory diseases to name a few.

Sine they started counting they lost 21 thousand people with CV.

Sadly I’ve gone to few funerals that died with diabetes. I haven’t gone to one that died with CV yet.

what?

I don’t think you are thinking this through.

I think we are now border that in Washington state. We been flirting with 10 thousand cases for last week or so.

Is that new york COVID-19 deaths counting the ones they only assume were covid? You know heart disease, flu, stroke where they never test the person but just go off the assumption and add them to the totoal?

How many would still be alive today were it not for CV?

Not sure. A friend posted it in private. Since at bottom it said CDC of New York and posted by NYSimes. I figure it was legit. I’m not paying the slime for their crap. I gave them enough of my money between 78/79 to 1997. :wink:

If that chart is accurate. roughly 13 thousand had died during that period of time mid March to mid April. One on the right is showing about 5000…plus or mnius.

Whatever total you see of COVID deaths in New York City – subtract at LEAST 3,700 un-confirmed and only suspected cases. They arrived at the number by going off the “average” number of heart attacks and such – the numbers over that daily are being suspected COVID deaths.

New York City, already a world epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak, sharply increased its death toll by more than 3,700 victims on Tuesday, after officials said they were now including people who had never tested positive for the virus but were presumed to have died of it. The new figures, released by the city’s Health Department, drove up the number of people killed in New York City to more than 10,000, and appeared to increase the overall United States death count by 17 percent

They should – in my opinion – then have COVID deaths (where they tested and know the person had it), and suspected COVID deaths (where no tests were done).

1 Like

We are not discussing time because it is irrelevant. If you have 1,000 who die of diabetes in a month or a week, they still died of diabetes. If you have 20,000 with diabetes and Covid, which did they die of?

Now if they were denied diabetes treatment to focus on other patients with Covid, there might be something there. Then there’s the fact that there are 3 million cases of diabetes each year and we’re pretty good at treating it. So when people die from it, it killed them.

Am I denying in some cases COVID played a part in it? Not at all. 2/3rds sound about right to me. We’ll have to see what the data tells us after things calm down.

But the numbers today don’t add up. And just because somebody dies with COVID does not mean they died of COVID. The “comorbidities” were killing before they were “co”.

1 Like

Seriously? Is the state being paid for every death with CV?

Either way that’s not right IMO. Thanks for info.

The death of a loved one is a very sad affair.

Yet, how many have laid those to rest in the past few months that would not have if not for Covid-19?

You don’t get a “prognosis of another year or so” anywhere but on tv.

Why? Which one killed you?