We hit a milestone We now have two times as many that recovered from it then those that died with CV

can’t really say.
If you have a weaken immune system because of diabetes, a virus is going to be a lot more serious.
but diabetes itself is unlikely to kill if you take proper care of your health.

I have liver issues, which effect my immune system meaning that if I get the flu, cold, COVID i’m going to get a lot more sick then your average person.

My county is 0.45 per thousand with zero. I hope it stays that way.

1 Like

Yes lifecare. Out of 108 residences about 50 of them died. Also a nursing home in Lynnwood was hit hard…and one down south. So right there about 150 dead out of 723 from just those three places.

was he or she going to die in the year 2020.
no you can’t make such a statement.

Utilitarian arguments taken to the point of sociopathy.

This isn’t just “a virus”.

It could be any virus if you have a weaken immune system because of per-existing health issues, You will get 10x more sick then someone without them.

anything that effect your immune system put you at greater risk.

In that case I might see it the other way then.
It’s really not a huge issue to me.
Like you said, how we count is not exact.
For the record, at her facility, there have been four employees and one resident tested positive.
They are doing everything they can to keep Mom and the others safe.

2 Likes

It did the same thing in Texas. We did a piss poor job of protecting our elders. That is one thing that certainly needs to change.

Next respiratory virus, nursing homes need to go to MOPP 4 on Day 1.

1 Like

I will pray for your mother and your family that they succeed.

I would be interested to know how the employees contracted it.

This isn’t the “flu”. When have multiple countries shut down their economies over the flu?

Reasonable position.

Inslee is bonehead. Since some had continue doing outside work he went after lumber suppliers and closed their doors. I was trying to get siding repair in. I don’t usually that that anymore nut I figured it was outside work. Clients are really ready to accept me int their homes ATM.

again your missing my point COVID is killing a lot of people with underline health issues, because having underline health issue makes it harder for your body to fight off the virus.

Diabetes alone isn’t a death sentence, it is 100% treatable.
but if someone with diabetes get COVID they are at a much greater risk of dying because of their underline health issue of diabetes.

I would accept you in mine if you were here :wink:.

You take what I consider to be appropriate precautions.

1 Like

But your county death rate tells you the likelihood that he would have died this month.

You are not thinking this through.

Also heart disease doesn’t become fetal till much later in ones life.

As would I.

Common sense and use all precautions.

Nothing is absolute.

1 Like

What it it’s like New York City. Your 94 year old mom is in assisted living. You know here heart is going. They call and she has passed on. They have not run a test on her, and have no plans to run one. Did she die of Covid?

Yep. It really exposed their weakness. Hell this entire CV pandemic exposed lot of weakness.

In a way we’re really really lucky. I know that might be hard for some here to grasp their minds around. It could have been much more deadlier.