We are losing the war on Christmas

No, it isn’t. A radio station removing one song from it’s playlist to play another is not censorship.

You can still listen to the song anytime that you want. No one is going to stop you.

The state isn’t censoring it, private entities are deciding not to play it.

The big mistake that was made was the radio stations announcing that they are not going to play it. If they had simply stopped playing it no one would give a crap.

The amount of electrons spilt over a song that isn’t even about Christmas is really wierd.

Book burning refers to the ritual destruction by fire of books or other written materials. Usually carried out in a public context, the burning of books represents an element of censorship and usually proceeds from a cultural, religious, or political opposition to the materials in question.

Actually it is, that wasn’t the motive and you know it. They removed the song because of the lyrics, that is by definition censorship.

Like this?

None of which makes it anything other than censorship precisely because they did announce it.

You sound like a baker trying to defend cupcakes. Funny.

Nobody said the state was censoring it. The Cult of Liberalanity is adept at extorting the private sector. All hail Archbishop Sharpton.

You are going off the rails.

The decision of a radio station to play a song or not has nothing to do with State laws around discrimination.

The are selling ad space. The listeners are the product not the customer.

Al Sharpton sucks.

Stop trying to make “Fetch” happen. It isn’t going to happen.

Stop denying the founders of your cult.

1 Like

I’m one of those weirdos who likes listening to Christmas music on the radio, but when that song comes on, I can’t change the station fast enough. So it’s probably a wise business decision.

Except they didn’t do it for business reasons, did they? They clearly stated why they did it. For virtue.

Do everything you can to further degrade into a garbage society.

It can’t come fast enough to suit me.

1 Like

All of this over a song that has nothing to do with Christmas.

So very very wierd.

Weird. College.

You think it’s over a song. Cute.

You ever wonder why the Christian radio stations don’t play that song? It’s kinda garbagey, and doesn’t reflect the Christmas season at all.

Which is good for business.

No virtue.

Rationalize it any way you want to. You can rest easy knowing you are now protected from the words of a song.

Thanks for the spellcheck. You have destroyed every argument I have ever made and I am forced to have introspection and reasses every opinion I have ever held about everything.

I think that isn’t about a song but an overreaction to a music station announcing that they will no longer do something. That is interpreted as an attack on a group that identifies as defending the status quo when it is nothing more than a marketing ploy. This outrage then gets bounced around the news cycles and the outrage machine goes into full swing to show another example of the “loony left”.

All this over a song that no one really gives two ■■■■■ about.

Yeah. It’s weird.