Voting allocation plan

Cumulative giving minus cumulative taking over their years would be the metric. Many “old people” would be fine.

No one would be kicked off the voter rolls.
Where are you getting this stuff? Making it up?

Ummm… yes. I’m making up a hypothetical voting rule. I did not like yours. Nothing personal.

I disagree. Most baby boomers have never contributed more than they took. The entire generation has survived off of their parents and societies wealth or borrowed from the future generations wealth.

No votes for them.

How about a strawman test. Kinda like those smoking questions when you get medical insurance.

“Have you posted a strawman within the past 12 months?”

If yes, you must wait to vote until you have kicked the strawman habit.

If that’s how the numbers fall out, OK. But it would be a separate calculation for each individual… not one for classes of people.

I don’t know. I know too many baby boomers that look like they may have contributed more money to the government on paper, but when you look at what they should have paid in taxes vs what the federal government has borrowed since they came of age, it shows they just borrowed the money from their children.

How would you break out government borrowings for citizens vs individual tax payments?

1 Like

Not always. See Jared Kushner.

With your criteria, no one would vote.

Sounds like a good plan.

Good. Voting just leads to mob rule.

He didn’t say wealthy at only 1-2%

He said top 25%

Just clarity on the percentages being proposed.

.>>>>

Oh. Now it is conditional.

This system is getting really complicated.

Best to limiting it to landowners.

Replying to someone else’s stupid idea… not the one in the OP

Agreed, if:

Everyone older than 55 gets -1 votes.
Everyone older than 65 gets -2 votes.
Everyone older than 80 gets no votes as they are actuarially past their expiration date.

But you still like the idiotic idea. So there is that.

I think we’ve been there for decades.

Maybe.

But I am trying to have some hope.

But that’s not what you said. So there is that.

Why should people with higher incomes have more votes?