Virginia newspaper runs full KKK recruitment flyer on front page

When I was editor of the college student newspaper I ran a picture of the college president’s car and the caption described her parking spot. (Yeah, they read me the riot act for that one.)

A local anti-abortion group published name and addresses (home and work) of a local abortion doctor.

I must be missing something. What was the significance of running the description of her parking spot?

And how does this relate to what you said above? (I woke up earlier than usual, so forgive me for the probably unnecessary question.)

Okay try this.

Publish the name, home address and phone number of an abortion doctor. Make it a viral video or whatever.

Do you think the abortion provider will get love letters and congratultory phone calls from bona fide welk-wishers? Or protests, bags of dog poop and prank calls?

I do understand the part about the abortion doctor, but I’m still not getting your point from above about the college president. Where does that relate to this, if at all?

Here’s what you said earlier:

I think you meant abortion doctor, right?

No.

The college president.

She had a controversial parking policy.

I made sure every student on campus knew her car and where she parked.

Campus security was concerned what people would do to her car.

OK, that makes sense now. :slight_smile: Yeah, I can see why there was some concern.

lol.

“Honest officer, I was just illustrating the disparity in the college parking policy.” :angel:

The Newsweek article clearly implicated the smalltown newspaper. “The paper is guilty” is the clear message in the Newsweek article and implicit in the (early AM choice of) thread title.

“The KKK still exists” is so dog-bites-man Idid not imagine I was supposed to discuss it.

approximately 1 in 50,000 people in the US are KKK members.

There are three times more people afflicted with albinism in the US. How many of those people do you see?

According to the linked article, it was a free advertisement.

Clearly, someone at the Westmoreland News has gone full moron.

However, it is heartening to hear the average Virginian was disgusted. Perhaps, especially in the era of online news, this rag will see even less subscription revenue. Can’t believe they didn’t think of this possibility before pulling that stunt.

2 Likes

According to Newsweek someone described it as a free advertisement.

The actual article reads like "Be on the look out for these disgusting racists distributing the flyer on the right.

If seen, please contact local police at XXX-XXXX."

Hence the recruitment ad.

Better to do like a fellow terrorist group like isis and do the social media thing.

Works a lot better.

Allan

wait people here are really trying to suggest white nationalist groups don’t exist?

No, they aren’t. Of course they exist, they’re just insignificant and marginalized.

1 Like

It was part of an article on racism, not an advertisement. The KKK didn’t pay squat for it.

These guys really need to be given a ‘doh!’ award for their stupidity. They meant well, but they could have blacked out portions of the flyer and still made their point.

Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid!

1 Like

In the United States, you are more likely to meet a person whose IQ is above 160 than you are a KKK member.

What is your point? That white nationalism isn’t a problem?

Just how many votes did they account for in 2018?

Charlotte was billed as the largest gathering of white supremacists in the US in a century by it’s own organizers and they didn’t manage to get 2000 to show up.