Virginia newspaper runs full KKK recruitment flyer on front page

Yes he does because the police were responding to a call of a crime in progress. When you are legally detained the police most certainly have a right to identify you. They most certainly had probable cause to believe a crime was being committed and that Gates was the person committing it when they responded.

Instead of explaining and identifying himself and telling them “Thanks for the rapid response” he chose to be an ass.

How about some details?

There were five women, they were not arrested, the were breaking the rules of the club, would not speed up and would not allow the groups behind them to play through so they were asked to leave as per the posted policy of the club.

It would be ever so refreshing if occasionally you could get a fact or two right.

Racism with a smile

What’s a newspaper?

Allan

I haven’t seen anyone claim the KKK no longer exists, there just aren’t very many of them left.

1 Like

You really did hate Obama. Can you show us where he touched you?

White supremacists, supporters, sympathizers. There are a ton of those guys.

And as you read threads like this, remember who claims to have freed the slaves.

And a CBS affiliate covering the story showed the paper on tv.

GASP!!!
If they showed the paper they showed the KKK recruitment flyer too!

OMGZ!!!
CBS is racist!
Television is racist!
Electrons and photons are racist!

Oh no!
Now the hannity board
showed a picture of the news cast
that showed a picture of the newspaper
that showed a copy of the KKK flyer!!

If you saw it on your phone then your phone is racist.

it was fake. Apparently, evidence of racism is low… very low. Well we know that liberals win only when there is racism to use in campaigns. So when there is too much racial harmony, libs create racism. The editor WANTED to create the appearance of widespread racism. You won’t find America’s newspapers advertising KKK otherwise.

How do you know it’s a liberal editor?

Deleted post.

looks like campaign material for Libs.

aside from the Nazis and the Aryan prison gangs, I’ve never heard of any of those. You should post the whole list. It will be interesting to see what your B list looks.

No.

I think Newsweek is making a mountain out of a molehill. Describing it as “Free advertising” without giving us a single peak as to what the story was about, aka CONTEXT.

The story was a BOLO about racist hate groups in the area and even asked readers to contact the local police (whose number was also included) if they have any information or see anyone distributing the flyers.

I was wrong in the OP saying that the story wasn’t online. It is. Here’s the link. Judge for yourself. I still don’t see the necessity of running the flyer.

https://www.westmorelandnews.net/disturbing-packages-dropped-off-in-front-of-colonial-beach-homes/

Thanks for the link.

Pretty clearly the KKK was distributing hate videos and recruiting flyers.

The newspaper was alarmed about it, quoted the Ch. if Police describing the material as “disgusting,” a county official who described it as a "deep-rooted problem, and wondered aloud “how residents of Westmoreland County can help combat the message that the hate-based organization has spread?”

The Newsweek story SHOULD have read
“Westmoreland Newspaper & local officials unite to combat racism” because that is what happened.

Portraying the newspaper as being sympathetic to the KKK by providing “free advertising” is a disgusting act of yellow journalism.

It harkens back to “USS Maine Blows up in Havana Harbor.”

It would be yellow journalism if Newsweek mispresented what the paper did. They didn’t. And the reaction in the community appears to be overwhelmingly against what the paper did. The overriding question is whether the readers were well-served by the paper running the flyer. The answer, in my mind, is they weren’t.

We’ll have to disagree. I think the Newsoae CLEARLY is issuing a warning and BOLO alerting readers about the presence of the area’s disgusting and deep-rooted racism. The newspaper is CLEARLY issuing call-to-action to oppose the klan.

Agree to disagree then. Another question I think the editor should have asked was if it was necessary to run the flyer. Again, I don’t feel it was.