Vigilantes detaining migrants at gumpoint

Under common law in New Mexico, they have to be committing a felony under New Mexico law. Where the individuals detained committing a a felony under New Mexico law?

Do you know what common law means?

You asked about federal.

Which one do you want to debate?

Is there a common law defense in the federal statutes for a “citizens arrest”?

https://twitter.com/CBP/status/1119253343388536832

You don’t know what common law is and you don’t know the founding principles of this country.

I think I am pretty familiar with common law and the federal judiciary… Does the supreme court recognize “common law” for federal laws?

But please, keep educating me on “common law” and the federal courts…

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::+1: Thanks.

Erp. No arrests yet. Why not?

Is this you acknowledging that your interpretation of “common law” is based on nothing more than some supposed “expertise” in federal law, aka Clive Bundy?

BlueTex and Sneaky

Going to try and save one or both of you.

Onto another topic than if what they are doing is legal.

That is the premise of the OP.

BTW, where IS the OP?

This thread has nothing to do with the legality of what these patriot people are doing? :thinking:

1 Like

It’s more like LARP for gun nuts.

Hell with their reasons for it, I wanna know if they’re being sponsored or doing this out of the kindness of their own hearts.

1 Like

I think you will find a lot of interesting tidbits here:

What’s in the link? Does it answer the only question I asked? Is it a waste of time? Did you write the article? Any information at all?

Well, if they are not being sponsored and doing it on their own time and their own dime, I’d like to help them out.

1 Like

If they’re being sponsored, I want to know by whom, so I can figure out if I should sign up or help them recruit. Depends on the sponsor.

Agreed. But, from what little information is available they:
(1) have a good working relationship with border patrol which speaks volumes
(2) have apprehended illegals who may have slipped by border patrol so that is a plus.

But, you are right. We should know more about them before jumping on any bandwagon.

1 Like

Why would there need to be a provision in Federal law for something that is based in Common Law? Even Canada has Citizen’s arrest for crying out loud. Now I know liberals like yourself hate self defense laws or the right to defend one’s property from criminals, but a property owner holding someone who committed a crime on their property for the police? Come on now.

1 Like

Yes. Exactly. Where is Clive Bundy?