Video Games (what are you playing)

Because every scene in that movie is overacted. :wink:

4 Likes

Yepp. That was Verhoen’s objective. He found relatively inexperienced actors who had mostly played in teen dramas and told them to act like William Shatner.

4 Likes

The spirit of this thread inspired me to join up and spread managed democracy. Helldivers 2 is a must for all Starship Troopers fans, and it’s a refreshing change of pace from the triple A gaming rut of the past few years.

4 Likes

The Outer Worlds Spacer Edition is currently free on Epic Games. This includes the base game and both DLC.

It is a solid open world sci-fi RPG from Obsidian (New Vegas, SWKOTR II, Pillars of Eternity, South Park) well worth your time if your into RPGs.

2 Likes

I’m thinking of dusting off my Pokemon Heartgold and Black cartridges and playing them.

2 Likes

On purpose :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:.

2 Likes

I’m not surprised, but I also didn’t know that Metroidvanias got this gory. :rofl:

This one is to the combat aspect of the Metroidvania genre as Elypse is to the platforming aspect - unbelievably difficult, but nowhere close to impossible.

The costs of upgrading the character requires waaaay too much level grinding, but everything else is about as solid as a game can get.

Currently on sale for $3.49

Some achievement hunting before the warm season kicks off. Can’t say I like where the franchise is nowadays (didn’t like Ys VIII), but Ys was once perfection defined in its simplicity.

Two to go, and they weren’t kidding about “Nightmare Mode”. :rofl:

Currently on sale for $4.49

1 Like

I’ve actually never played Ys. Which is crazy cause that’s the kind of RPG I would have really enjoyed when I was younger.

I do have the soundtrack for 1 and 2 from PC Engine CD saved on my phone because that soundtrack slapped so hard.

1 Like

Now is as good as any time to pick up the first two in that bundle. You may find yourself asking why that attack button was ever necessary in the first place. I loved the Bump System.

1 Like

Anyone remember that one scene on season 1 of My Hero Academia when Deku got done cleaning the beach and screamed triumphantly at the sky for hours?

This ■■■■■■■ fight took me 67 tries. :rofl:

Just have to do the Boss Rush now, which as I understand is in Normal Mode. Should be a piece of cake after this one… tomorrow. lol

1 Like

Not sure I’ve ever been this hyped for a game that’s two summers away.

2 Likes

I hope the Drill Sergeant makes an epic sequel. :rofl:

(language warning)

1 Like

Especially since this is probably the last GTA I’ll see in my lifetime lol. Hopefully we get another red dead in 3-5 years.

1 Like

The thing that worries me about 6 is that the all star writing team that existed up through Red Dead 2 at R* isn’t really a thing anymore. I’ve got this feeling it won’t be as drop dead hilarious as V was.

2 Likes

Tried to play Madden once, I vomited it was so excruciatingly bad (hyperbole lol). But I know sport games rake in millions if not billions of $$$.

I have family members who own a console only to play whatever football of sports franchise game they buy every year.

Currently Playing;”:

Starfield
Sea of Thieves
Helldivers 2
World of Warcraft
Fallout 4
Red Dead Redemption (Switch)
Minecraft (Grandson 1)
Bluey (Grandson 3)

Bought a Backbone controller for my iPhone and love cloud gaming.

Was tempted by a Steam Deck but much prefer the Lenovo Go

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/p/handheld/legion-go/len106g0001

1 Like

LOL, Madden is literally the only game i am playing at this moment.

Love Madden, been playing it since 1995 or somewhere close… :wink:

It’s pretty nuts how long they’ve been doing it. I mean first Madden literally looked like five pixels on your screen.

1 Like