Video Games (what are you playing)

Is it the series S? If so yes and you a new toy :joy:

If it’s the X it won’t make it obsolete but the PC is stronger.

I would get a wireless mouse for when not hooked up to the TV and an Xbox controller.

Another sweet feature is that you can cross play many Xbox games. So you and your son could play together depending on the game. One on the console the other on the gaming laptop.

1 Like

More Metroidvanias for the winter insomnia. This one has a ton of exploration, and the platforming mechanics are as smooth as the 144fps gameplay. I also find it absolutely adorable that the girl covers her eyes when her spirits attack the monsters.

One (and only) big annoyance is there’s way more areas than necessary that have trick floors to fall through, making you have to backtrack several lengthy sections to try again. I get annoyed when Metroidvanias pull lazy stunts like that in order to pad gameplay time. The genre itself is already built around returning to areas when you have new abilities in order to explore them fully.

Anywho, it’s currently 50% off for the autumn sale.

Have you tried The Binding of Isaac by chance?

Been trying to get into Rouge-like games and I’ve seen this one mentioned as a classic.

1 Like

I have not played it, but it looks like something that belongs on my wish list for now. Seems to be a good bit of puzzle solving involved, which is always fun. There appears to be 3.5 games featuring this Isaac fellow, available in a bundle.

2 Likes

I picked up Deliver us Mars for free on Epic store which is a puzzler and got the first game Deliver Us The Moon on Stram for about $8.

Sci-fi puzzlers perfect for me.

1 Like

All 3 endings achieved. Brutal at times, but not impossible by any means. The difficulty spike hits hard about 50% through.

Good game, great exploration, and some of the platforming skills required for optional items were extremely precise.

Overall though, the game concentrated the most on the intricacies of combat rather than platforming/exploration, making it lean more Transylvania than Metroid.

A solid 30+ hour adventure, but not quite making it into any of my top 10 lists (if I had any lol).

My platforming skills are terrible. It once took me several hours to get through a section in Destiny II that involved a lot of precise jumping and landing.

Jet Set Willy was one of the first platformers I played back on my 48K ZX Spectrum. I never completed it.

1 Like

My first system was the Atari and most of those games were very simple motor-skills-based. I remember loving Pitfall the most, and it’s the only title I can remember anymore.

Then my dad got stationed in Texas during the late fall, which meant there was extra spending cash left over from the move, which scored us a brand new state-of-the-art 8-bit Nintendo Entertainment System, bundled with Super Mario Bros and Duck Hunt.

My mom could reach levels 25+ on Duck Hunt from all the way over on the couch. I thought she was the world champion when I was 5. :rofl:

I sucked so badly at it, I couldn’t even get to level 5 with the gun touching the TV, so I mostly stuck to Mario. My parents couldn’t afford any more video games until the next Christmas, so by the time I remember 1st grade coming to an end, I could clear the game (using warps) in less than 15 minutes without a single death.

On a side note, I’m very proud of knowing that I independently discovered the Level 3-1 Infinite Lives trick on my own as a child. As it turns out, the developers specifically programmed it in as a demonstration of how precise platforming could now get with this new tech. They opted to leave it in, thinking it would be too hard for most people to pull off or even discover in the first place. I was 6 years old. :rofl:

1 Like

Picked up Doomblade on sale for 10 bucks. Looks eye-pleasing enough. Download was 12 gigs, so I’m hoping that means extensive gameplay.

Gonna platform until Christmas then get into the Portal groove for the free upcoming Portal: Revolution release on Jan 5th.

1 Like

Epic Games store has three Destiny 2 expansions available for free until 12/20.

The expansions are Shadowkeep, Beyond Light and Witch Queen. Destiny 2 basegame is free to play.

I have put hundreds of hours into D2 and it is a fun looter shooter. I purchased each of those expansions and enjoyed then all and felt like I got my moneys worth so for free its a no brainer.

More info here

Had some glory days with Destiny ran with a solid squad we would dominate trials.

Good times. Tried to restart with D2 the crew was hyped but it did not sustain.

1 Like

There is a lot to love about D2 though they have come down heavy with the MTX which reading sbout Bungies recent woes now makes sense.

The story is nonsense but fun in a goofy way.

Platformer sales galore. Here are the last new additions of the year.

(this one has local co-op)

(this one has local co-p)

Steam Winter Sale ends on Jan 4th.

1 Like

Got to love Steam sales. Lets increase my eternal backlog some more.

Ghost Runner is free on the Epic Store today.

1 Like

Getting coffee brewed. Wife and I are platforming it up on Portal 2 this morning in anticipation of Revolution releasing this week. They were able to use a completely different Engine for the game, so there will be gameplay features that weren’t even possible in the original.

Also, a reminder that this game is free to Portal 2 owners on Steam.

1 Like

Steam is turning the friggin frogs gay. :rofl:

1 Like

Posting these solutions got me thousands more views than I thought they would. This was a great way to experience the puzzles. Very different. Each year, my Portal marathons get longer.

1 Like

OMG OMG OMG

4 Likes

Helldivers 2 games amazing.

Squad play is required to unlock its full potential. But they do have a quick play matchmaker though if you don’t have anyone to group with.

PC and PS5

I am installing this tonight on my laptop. Looking forward to playing it. Been on a Sea of Thieves kick recently.