Vice President Mike Pence discovered classified documents in Indiana home

I did not like his policies, but that man has true character.
He is a truly good man.

1 Like

I completely agree. At best a mediocre president but probably the best former president.

Now that Biden and Pence, from opposite parties and ideologies, have come clean, can we all just admit that they both did it hoping to avoid deeper trouble if the existence of those documents was leaked later?

Time for Obama, GWB et al to come forward while there’s still time.

2 Likes

You know Obama has tons of classified documents

2 Likes

We’ll turn the lights out, and all the ex President’s and VPs can put their classified documents in a box.

I get the feeling your deliberately being obtuse. :smiley:

The National Archives reported it to the DOJ due to some of the documents being damaged which is what I understand is part of their protocol. It was only when the DOJ got involved that Trump threw his teddy out and started stamping his feet.

Really, how do you know that?

Why would he assume “tons”?

Dude, that’s like your pot dealer calling the cops on you because you got more weight than you paid for.

1 Like

It’s time the DOJ learns they serve America not run America.

3 Likes

Shouldn’t stop at ex-pres and ex-veep. You can bet attorneys general, secy of state, other cabinet members, congress critters, and likely other positions have also taken classified docs and not returned them (whether deliberately or inadvertently.)

We know it reaches at least into the Senate. Biden has demonstrated that.

Is it a leap to expect that it’s widespread in DOD positions? I think not.

2 Likes

Interesting choice of words, but yeah, I am sure it is accurate on some level.

No he didn’t.

I think similarly but not exact.

I don’t think it was a practice, as in, they meant to keep them. I think it just happens a lot.

I think pence did the right thing. If you find them turn them in. Done.

Had trump done that, none of this would be an issue.

1 Like

I think it’s marginally worse to know you have them and just not turn them over.

The game is to keep us all fighting so we keep clicking and watching and listening to news sources that affirm our positions and denegrate the other side.

2 Likes

I wonder if all those ex presidents
a.) Kept those documents secure
or
b.)

• had them for 20 years,
  • had so many they did not know what they had nor where they were,
  • kept them willy-nilly in their house, in their former office, in their garage
  • could not find them nor account for their whereabouts
  • tried to turn it into a legal prosecution against their opponent

Sen Joe McCarthy was wrong.
Richard Nixon was wrong.
Joe Biden was wrong,
Third world tin pot dictators are wrong
and all for the same reason.

1 Like

Why do you think trump didn’t turn over classified documents that he knew about for 15 months?

He is a defiant man. (and sometimes a snowflake)

Imagine
White guy does something. Police say “that’s okay.”
Repeat, repeat repeat.
Black guy does something, police strat demanding he stop doing that.

The black guy would be 100% right to be defiant and tell them “go pound sand/. I;ve got attorneys. You are messing with the wrong guy.” We’d all be cheering him.
Donald Trump sees himself in a similar role except for political rather than racial reasons. I think he is probably correct.

I hate selective law enforcement. So do most people.

I agree with that.