Vaccine Passports. Are you for or against them?

It’s racist Torey. Some people don’t have ID. You need ID to get a shot. And now you want to punish people that don’t have ID. That’s discriminatory.

And yes I’m being a jerk here.

Now on more serious not. If you’re vaccinated why do you care who sits next to you on airline flight? I would have more concern with this guy sitting next to me.

Oh…you mean government putting restrictions on those business. Got you. :wink:

Agree no mandates, let people and businesses make their own decisions.

1 Like

How did we go from being the country that spearheaded the eradication of Smallpox and the near eradication of Polio to a bunch of whiners who refuse to put on their big boy pants when it comes to issues around highly communicable diseases?

It breaks my brain.

1 Like

I personally dont like the idea, my hope is we can get enough people vaccinated here nationally that it is not necessary.

Internationally I could see it becoming a requirement for travel and that I am ok with

3 Likes

So you would agree everyone crossing the Southern border should prove they are vaccinated before entry? Let’s make it easy every non-citizen should have to prove it before entry no matter where they are from.

5 Likes

As I said in the OP, there are two arguments to be made here, which is why I put up the poll.

On the one hand, let’s look at planes. If 70 percent of the population is vaccinated, and that same amount is on the plane, does the other 30 percent infect each other? And then spread that to their destination? Which keeps the pandemic going? Is that good for your business?

On the other hand, should someone who is not vaccinated but tested negative be able to get on that plane?

Or should there simply be a “no shirt, no shoes, no service” kind of deal, where the Airline seats only vaccinated folks?

Selfishly, I want this pandemic over with and the only way to do it is to stick enough arms. From my perspective, once the pandemic is over and there are no significant case numbers anywhere I think the whole vaccine passport becomes moot.

2 Likes

I agree, as does the Biden administration.

2 Likes

By mid may we are expected to have a glut of the vaccine.

I would have no problem vaccinating people who have come over the border.

1 Like

They have been consistent here, and I agree with them. The only thing I wish is that the CDC provides some sort of proof for those who have been vaccinated, in case they need it. Otherwise if the proof is privately manufactured folks can just fake it to get into places they shouldn’t be.

Time to take some responsibility for yourself. Do you need to have others to be responsible for you?

Because that is what you’re demanding are you not?

You and I both got our shots…we did our job to secure ourselves. Stop demanding others to do it for you.

OK what did you do with Gunt? And before we discuss any ransom payment I want proof of life.

2 Likes

Thanks @toreyj01 for the thread. Some people sure as hell shown their true colors. :wink:

2 Likes

And libs have convinced me more then ever that they aren’t liberals…and left to their own device they would all be strict authoritarians that would squish our freedoms.

3 Likes

Stretch Armstrong, is that you?

But why not have hte fed offer the proof since they are doing hte vaccination, then whatever private corps want to do is up to them?

I’d love to know that everyone in the concert hall was vaccinated…

I think it’s a good idea for travel overseas to have a stamp in your passport if questioned by another government. I think it’s ridiculous to do it for other reasons.

2 Likes

Dude.

You don’t have a right to be a disease vector.

That used to be a thing that was agreed on.

1 Like

Mostly because of the invention of For-Profit Political Ideology.

1 Like

Why? You have your card don’t you of your date and time of your shots? Why the ■■■■ do you need the feds do it?

My card says

CIVID-19 Vaccination Record Card at the top…with CDC logo on upper right hand corner.

Bam…what else do you ■■■■■■■ need?

1 Like

And you have no right to my body.