Vaccine Passports. Are you for or against them?

Who’s having them do it?

People who don’t want to keep spreading the damn virus.

You don’t have a right to be a disease vector.

1 Like

People in government?

Who are the representatives of the people.

Period.

1 Like

Leaving that red ribbon out in the sun a little too long aren’t we? Looks faded.

2 Likes

Ah, so full circle. Let’s make sure the people are electing them, then. You get a vaccine passport, I get voter ID. Everyone is happy.

5 Likes

No enumerated power for the federal to impose this. None.

2 Likes

You do have a right to privacy and to be stupid.

Unlike masks…supposedly…the vaccine protects the inoculated.

We need to trust each other again.

1 Like

The two issues aren’t remotely comparable.

Of course they are. If the elected representatives are imposing something on the population, I’d prefer knowing they weren’t elected fraudulently.

1 Like

That makes no sense.

No one is suggesting that. I am asking if vaccine passports are a good or bad thing. That is just proof you got one, either a QR code or a laminated piece of paper.

What private companies require is another matter, but that isn’t up to the Feds. Biden has been quiet about this and basically says it is up to private businesses what they require.

But should the Feds offer proof at all?

Not just no but hell no. Now I can see it of international travel…proof that you been vaccinated to avoid 2 week isolation etc.

2 Likes

I have no problem with voter ID as long as the ID’s are easier to get.

The thing about all of the voting bills out there… how about we address the reason that people stand in line for hours. If we have to commit to in person voting with voter ID then make the process streamlined and put the resources into making the process efficient and quick.

But back to the OP.

1 Like

You don’t have the right to be a disease vector.

1 Like

Nope

I lost my trust in people this past year when the bare minimum that was asked to mitigate a pandemic was just make a show of concern for the people around you.

That bare minimum was way too much for too many people.

1 Like

But why should corporations and businesses continue to suffer? Look at it this way, if you owned a Diner and could simply require a vaccination card, you could run at 100 percent occupancy. You would make more money.

Planes could fill middle seats.

Theatres and bars could be full across the entire country. And concerts!

Heck, there could even be socially distant businesses that cater to the unvaccinated.

If you don’t want to be vaccinated, that is your right. But should that right force businesses to make less money than they could?

2 Likes

Internationally, to a certain degree some countries sort of already have them. For example, we’re planning to go to Ghana next year to visit my cousin who has been living there for 3 years. I know for a fact that travelers before entering the country must have the yellow fever vaccination. Along with this it’s highly recommended that rabies, malaria and typhoid vaccines are taken also.

I’m okay with this because I understand Ghana is trying to keep you safe along with their citizens. Many African countries have the same restrictions.

Anyway, I’m indifferent when it comes to doing this type of thing here domestically. However, we all know how many Americans are. The slightest inconvenience is an infringement on freedom, blah, blah, blah. We’re usually against things that suppose to help us, especially if it also benefits certain demographics. Good ole US of A, land of the free, home of the zero sum game.

3 Likes

Same concept as taking away the rights of criminals: imo gong on the rights of others.

No one has a right to ride in an airplane nor go to an NFL game or a concert.

Not everyone gets into a nightclub either, you have to be a certain age and for many nightclubs that are popular, that might not get you in either.

If there are benefits to being vaccinated, the unvaccinated have a choice, but it is their choice to make. No mandates.

2 Likes