VA Governor Northam's "Narc on Your Neighbor" website

LOL, good luck! If they stonewall, it could take years…

In Florida, 5.9% being tested are positive, or more than one in twenty who take a test. I don’t know if they are getting the test because they are sick or just getting it however.

:rofl: :rofl:

Yeah, right. We’re doomed because you couldn’t follow one post to another to understand “those things” was a reference to “rioting, protesting, looting or arson” as mentioned in the first post.

3 Likes

There are medical experts saying it’ll do no good. Depends on who you listen to my friend. The folks in government in 2001 told us we needed to give up rights to protect us from terrorism. I flat out don’t trust government at this point and I’ll not give up rights to appease them. No where in the Constitution does it give them the authority to quarantine healthy people are to tell free people what the hell to do unless they can prove harm has been caused. If you find someone that’s been diagnosed with Covid and he’s out in public infecting people, by all means, lock him up but stop treating everyone like a threat. It’s not productive and it’s not even remotely sane. Here’s the fun part. I’ve seen a few people with studies suggesting that there may be 1/3 of the population with Covid antibodies, meaning 110,000,000 people have had Covid already… If that’s honestly the case, and we don’t know if it’s true or not yet, that means that the mortality rate is closer to the Flu and people are wetting their pants over it.

We should focus on what we KNOW to be true. About 85% of the deaths were 65+. Most of those had other issues prior to getting sick. We don’t know how many of the total deaths are actually FROM Covid and how many were deaths with Covid present in the system and we’ll probably never have visibility of that number. We know that most of the rest of the 15% had underlying conditions so let’s get together as a society, open everything back up, protect the vulnerable and pretend we don’t live in a safe world to begin with and stop harming millions of Americans with draconian stay at home orders and trying to scare them into wearing masks because quite frankly, unless you’re sick, you’re not in that much danger. It’s not worth trillions in economic damage to continue down this path… unless your objective is to throw Trump out of office… I mean, seriously… how many times have they tried to get Trump thrown out now? Would it really be a stretch to imagine they’re milking this and scaring people to try to harm him?

I’m simply not going to piss my pants every time the government lectures me on another threat to human life… the sky is falling routine worked on me once as I initially supported the Patriot Act but as I read it, I learned… it won’t work again.

I don’t know a hell of a lot of healthy people that go get tested… the only ones I know have either been exposed or have symptoms. . . My son was tested after working with a Covid Positive case in the same office for 2 weeks with no mask… negative.

:rofl: :rofl:

I love this place sometimes.

1 Like

“Please report any cases of suspicious activity to the Department of Homeland Security.”

“Snitch!”

I was addressing the link the OP was about. Sorry that poster could not.

Yeah, I didn’t like that either.

Bet you forgot I, along with Conan, thought the Patriot Act was wrong.

I actually agree with a lot of what you’ve said here. Here’s where we differ.

First, I’ve read the same studies as you… and likely you’ve read the other stories I have that indicate the opposite. That serves to underscore EXACTLY what I’m saying here. In light of the unknown, even if wearing a mask is only marginally effective, I will do it. Why? Because they’re only asking that I put on a mask when I go out in public. Why is that hard? Why is that an assault of freedom? Why do you bristle at the “government” for dare providing guidance that could help this pandemic subside?

Im with you on re-opening the economy. I’ve always been there. But we are without a doubt witnessing right now precisely why people need to follow these guidelines for the foreseeable future in order for economies to open and stay open.

I hear you on the PA… feel the same way too. Here’s the difference though… in choosing to give our support to the PA, we did give up legitimate freedoms… Im not sure how putting on a mask is sacrificing anything.

As an aside, I like your posts… solid discussions with you. Appreciated.

Nah, tik tok likes screwing with Trump. Much more fun.

Your cases are #2 in deaths in the country behind only that other ■■■■ hole next door and 6 times that of Texas. Annnnd you had more deaths yesterday.

I’m glad your “state” is doing better, the comparison doesn’t favor you.

Well over half our new cases yesterday were in 5 dem cities.

We know we’re going to test positive.

5k new cases will more deaths.

Deaths are a lagging indicator.

Well you will see. Can we come back two weeks from now and discuss.

Doubt you will be here. Once the deaths start rising in Texas.

Allan

1 Like

Well I waited 6 weeks.

How’s Texas doing sneaky?

Allan

1 Like

I love how much Republicans HATE our Gov. Im not a big fan of him (I dont forgive the black face) but it drives those on the right NUTS that he ran on Gun Control, Abortion rights, and other things that when Republicans blocked him from doing, Voters of VA replaced the Republicans with Dem majorities.

Repubs flipped out, protrested non stop, marched on Richmond over and over, and he STILL had a high approval rating.

Now they freak. He was one of the first governors to close schools, one of the first to not pretend this was short term (in March he issued stay at home orders thru June), and one of the first to require Masks.

THIS time Republicans were sure the tide would turn - But his approval rating went up!
Mostly cause he is a actual Dr and his stuff worked. As the state moved from phase 0 to phase 3 -Cases continued to drop, testing increased, deaths and hospitals stays declined, postivity rates declined. And when they started creeping up in one part of the state, he met with Dr Blix to discuss what to do, and he pulled back some of the stuff ONLY for that area. And it WORKED (Cases started dropping shortly after).

And -his mask requirement did it smart. No punishments for the individual. The business that allows them to be served without a mask is the one that gets in trouble. IN fact - the link provided in the OP isnt to report your neighbor, its to report a BUSINESS that isn’t enforcing it. SMART!

BTW -He has also joined with 5 other governors of both parties to come up with a unified testing plan and use combined purchasing power to speed up testing (Something that should have been done nationally) AND is one of the first states in the nation that published a covid app using bluetooth for contract opt in contract tracing with the public.

He can’t run again -But if he could, he’d win in a landslide. He currently enjoys a 61% approval rating which is actually a 15% point DROP from his high!

He has nailed his response on covid. Even when I disagreed with him, he was right and i was wrong.

5 Likes

As though the police don’t already have enough on their plate.

That’s like calling 911 because you’re one chicken nugget short on your happy meal.

1 Like

No, it is not a public health issue.

But, ratting people out and being proud of it speaks volumes. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Always.

So what, so do a lot of people.

Are you in charge of your co-worker’s health?

I think the feeling may be mutual as to what they think of your opinion.

Wear your mask and don’t forget to wash your hands. Frequently.

Oh, and while you are wearing your mask, don’t forget not to touch it or make any adjustments to it.

1 Like

COVID is why COVID is spiking all over the world in waves.

Ratting out people for not wearing a mask isn’t going to protect you.

1 Like