US Space Force Prepares to Defend the Forest Moon of Endor

You did?

I think that’s a huge mistake. We’re already behind China in space and losing ground fast.

I disagree about the Air Force. At the time of its creation, it was clear that the needs of the Air Corps were different enough that splitting the Air Force from the Army was a good thing.

I agree with our about the Space Force. We haven’t seen enough military use of space to justify creating a Space Force. As we increase our use of space (mining the astroids :smile:) the military use will follow. But, unless the goal is to waste money, the Space Force need to follow the increased use of space.

Yes, Army Air Corps and the Navy. We won a world war without an “Air Force”.

hm…it looks to similar to the Army’s uniforms. I would have done a lighter color for the uniforms, and a different color scheme. Perhaps a gray-scale digital, like a lighter version of the ACUs.

To be fair, I don’t think the idea of a Space Force is that bad. I do however, think it will take a long time to implement. It could be 30 years down the road before we are able to build bases. I think of things like Ender’s Game, where we could even fight forces that do not originate on Earth that are trying to wipe out the planet’s ecosystems.

Or maybe the Space Force could be a sub-branch of the Air Force. It really does provide a new prospective on battle strategy. We just have to know how to properly implement it.

We’re talking about space stations, moon bases, trips to Mars, etc., in the relative near term. The time to start the Space Force is now, not as a reaction to expansion.

We do have the CIA. But then again, it would be futile since many cyberattacks come from foreign entities, so we can’t exactly get them to the U.S. and punish them. They don’t have to abide by U.S. law. And if one person causes an EMS attack (or whatever it is called…I’m referring to the attack that causes an entire grid to shut down), then is that really a reason to start a war? Over one person?

I’m sure you know more about Air Force history than I do. I still believe that we either need a Space Force or we need the Air Force to expand into space. Call it whatever you want, but it’s going to take commitment and money, and I think we should do it.

The “Air Force” was formed in 1947.

What will happen if we don’t?

I agree lol. I am a space enthusiast. I have some vintage NASA patches and a few other things.

China and Russia will control space. Combined with the technology improvements they’ll get from such an endeavour, we might as well just cancel our military unless we follow suit.

You’re arguing semantics. The Army Air Corps was a force in the air, therefore an air force.

So what. What will happen? Will we all be speaking Chinese?

I said that already.

I agree.

Really? You don’t think it’s in the United States’ best interests to have the strongest military in the world?

The real nature of a “Space Force”:

"If you’re picturing a rehash of Starship Troopers or The Expanse , brace yourself for disappointment. Day to day, the Space Force would probably monitor Earth’s satellites and take the lead on launching and maintaining military satellites, the command’s current beat.

Even now, the command employs more than 36,000 people and maintains military tech in space, such as the Global Positioning System (GPS) satellite network and the mysterious X-37B space plane. The consulting firm Avascent says that the Air Force spends more than $7 billion per year on unclassified space systems alone."

It has nothing to do with “the Moon of Endor” or Star Trek. Whether these type of efforts should be separated into one organization or not, I don’t know. But lets not attack on the basis of silly non arguments.

2 Likes

36,000 people to watch satellites? That’s a light infantry division. 20 Special Forces Groups with support packages. 36 Ranger Battalions.

We definitely need to spend more on our military. How about forces for alternate dimensions? A time travel force? The future is now!

I’m reminded of Gil Scott-Heron.

A rat done bit my sister Nell.
(with Whitey on the moon)
Her face and arms began to swell.
(and Whitey’s on the moon)

I can’t pay no doctor bill.
(but Whitey’s on the moon)
Ten years from now I’ll be payin’ still.
(while Whitey’s on the moon)

The man jus’ upped my rent las’ night.
('cause Whitey’s on the moon)
No hot water, no toilets, no lights.
(but Whitey’s on the moon)

I wonder why he’s uppi’ me?
(‘cause Whitey’s on the moon?)
I was already payin’ ‘im fifty a week.
(with Whitey on the moon)
Taxes takin’ my whole damn check,
Junkies makin’ me a nervous wreck,
The price of food is goin’ up,