US Postal Service reportedly tracking Americans’ social media posts

If they can’t be fired, who cares what the policy is?

The person who started this thread for one.

Well that makes zero sense, but ok.

Thank God! The day I start making sense to wokies will be a really bad day for me.
:pleading_face:

This sounds like a good excuse for a CBO probe of the USPS to me.

Honestly it was news to me that the USPS even had such a branch :man_shrugging:

I dunno, if it was not for the fact that we are already tracked up the ying yang from government and corporate entities I might be “outraged” more but it still does not feel right at all

Are we back on topic? Huh? Okay I’m in!
:clap:

And I agree. But don’t think it will happen.

Good thing you included Corporate entities. I already pointed out that forum posts on this board pop up in a google search. As do posts on Facebook, or Parler, or any other social media sites.

I don’t see anyone hysterical over Google “spying on everyone” though. Weird.

For all we know the USPS could be googling keywords and seeing if posts come up. I’m not sure how that’s within the scope of what the USPS is supposed to be doing, but I don’t get how this is super secret or even scary. Like at all.

They’re basically tattling on people posting publicly available information.

They aren’t cops. If they were, they wouldn’t be tattling on people to the cops. They’d be arresting them instead.

So the postal inspectors are keeping an eye on social media like every law enforcement agency, business, school, corporation and so on in America? I’m shocked.

I’m willing to bet this started under the Trump admin.

“The Yahoo News report does not state when the Internet Covert Operations Program was created but there are no online references to it before 2019.”

DeJoy has been doing a lot of questionable stuff since Trump made him postmaster general.

Oh, pardon me. They’re not cops, they’re, “Law Enforcement Officers”. Both branches of them.

https://faq.usps.com/s/article/Who-Do-I-Call-for-USPS-Law-Enforcement

They even have “Police” on their costumes. lol

https://www.uspis.gov/

So did the remain in Mexico program. But Biden ■■■■ ed that up too.

1 Like

And security guards wear badges. They still can’t arrest you.

Impersonating a police officer is a crime. Your excuses are getting desperate. :wink:

Maybe the cops should arrest them then.

Cops don’t tend to arrest fellow Law Enforcement Officers (aka other cops). :rofl:

They don’t? I seem to recall seeing it happen numerous times. How did that whole Chauvin trial happen without Chauvin being arrested by his fellow officers exactly?

Not usually, no. Try to focus though, I’m correcting your error in claiming these aren’t cops. :wink:

A USPS Inspector can.

See 2.

Don’t even need a warrant.