US farmers stressed, angry at trade wars

I think our “allies” in the G7 would agree with Xi here.

The probability is yes…because they have more to lose.

Isn’t it though?

Trump sure doesn’t care.

He cares more than you do. The farmers I know aren’t upset.

I grew up on a farm myself.

There you have it folks…the preemptive defense of Trump if his policies wreck the economy.

Do these farmers know what his tariffs are going to do to their exports? Do they know Trump wanted to cut subsidies for crop insurance?

It isn’t going to do much to the ones I know. Lots of farmers don’t even grow soybeans for example.

Most of the ones I grew up around raised Cattle and hogs. Not much row cropping at all.

The tariffs slapped on pork are going to hurt those farmers big time. But, they are welcome to go bankrupt for cause!

Apparently not major farmers if the 25% tariff implemented in April isn’t affecting them

1 Like

They aren’t going to go bankrupt or even be hurt in most cases.

You think China is the customer for most farmers? :rofl:

Sorry to spoil your hope for bankruptcy.

Belittling Family farmers? Not surprised.

89 million acres of soybeans last year. Just a shave under corn acres and little over a quarter of all acres planted in the entire US.

That’s a lot of farmers.

1 Like

U.S. exports of agricultural products to China totaled $21 billion in 2016, our 2nd largest agricultural export market. Leading export categories include: soybeans ($1 billion), coarse grains (ex. corn) ($1.0 billion), hides and skins ($949 million), pork and pork products ($713 million) and cotton ($553 million).

1 Like

No, just stating facts.

I don’t know that I’ve encountered anyone more self absorbed. If it isn’t in your small, narrow sphere of experience, it doesn’t exist or matter. You’re blowing them off not for the reason of “They’re getting what they voted for”, you’re blowing them off because you personally don’t know any.

Here’s who and were a soybean tariff matters to.

4 Likes

They’re only the 2nd biggest market for US Pork exports with 495,637 tons consumed in 2017

The foolishness of libs concerning farms is not surprising at all. Most farms raise a number of different things and most sales i dare say are domestic.

China tariffs might lower profits for some but certainly not the hoped for bankruptsies libs are apparently hoping for.

Plus the tariffs are probably short lived until they get China straightened out on their unfair tariffs they have put on us for eons it seems like.

How do you know who they voted for?