US farmers stressed, angry at trade wars

You should really read a study, or a book or even use that thing at your fingertips to have some basic working knowledge, instead of just using the little personal experience you have acquired. Anecdotes are useless in a serious discussion.

IOW, you sound like an idiot.

8 Likes

It’s a global market man. I know of no farmer that sells anything to China, but the price is affected regardless.

Most of these guys operate on thin margins.

And you sound like an ass, so you win.

Better being a smart ass, than a dumb ass.

1 Like

You give yourself too much credit.

An ass is an ass, smart or dumb.

Again, you win.

more than likely the nudge will be an overheated economy that sends oil prices soaring again, causing fuel prices to rise, and anything made from oil to go up in price and anything delivered gets the “fuel surcharge” added

I live in the heart of soybean country. I think tariffs are one reason special elections in Wisconsin have been going to Democrats so consistently that Scott Walker is trying to avoid having them.

Yeah, oil prices aren’t “soaring” absent some catclysmic event. Too much supply from too many places.

That, and the realization that frickin stability is eminently helpful in global markets.

1 Like

You cannot be serious.

India is about to retaliate as well

The country has proposed hiking tariffs on 30 US products in order to recoup trade penalties worth $241 million, according to a revised World Trade Organization filing.

India said last month that its proposed tariffs on US goods would take effect by June 21.

The Indian government is also leaving the door open for further tariff hikes, it said in its latest notification.

Yeah but like I don’t really know any Indians and my friends don’t buy anything from there so this doesn’t matter.

(/sarc)

3 Likes

May 31, 2018 73.43
April 30, 2018 68.79
March 31, 2018 64.17
Feb. 28, 2018 63.46
Jan. 31, 2018 66.23
Dec. 31, 2017 61.19
Nov. 30, 2017 59.93
Oct. 31, 2017 54.92
Sept. 30, 2017 52.95
Aug. 31, 2017 49.94
July 31, 2017 47.66
June 30, 2017 46.17
May 31, 2017 49.89

Steadily up. Economy keeps heating up in the US and the rest of the world, it’s going to be a repeat of 2007/2008

Well now I feel a lot better.

As a vegetarian I eat a LOT of soy. My wife says it’s probably why I’m so sensitive and emotiotionally available. Probably doesn’t help with my middle aged man boob situation either.

2 Likes

But do they have to be?

Who is going to pick up their share? Mexico?

Libs are hopeful. They lit their candle in 2016 and search in the political darkness for an honest man - a Trump voter who will denounce the President now.

It is everything to them, the Libs, to be able to regain even a drop of their self respect, lost to the victor of the struggle between their hag queen and the man now known as our president.

To be able to stand now in front of a farmer and say “We warned you. We told you so.” is like hope of a resurrection to them. To trade the death of a farmer’s business for eternal rights to say “We told you so” is truly a miracle, they say, from their dark lord.

And here is the alter, this thread, where libs will come and genuflect and say those precious words …“We warned you”.

Let’s watch as they assemble and break the bread of hate together.

Shhhh…

Silly us for hoping there were any Republicans left with a sense of integrity.

You think China got there because of free trade?