U.S intercept intel linking Saudi Prince to murder of Journalist in Turkey

Breaking news on the case of Jamal Khashoggi the U.S has intercepted intel linking his murder to the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia.

U.S. intelligence intercepts show Saudi Arabian Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman ordered that Jamal Khashoggi, a missing Washington Post columnist, be enticed to return from the United States to Saudi Arabia so that he could be detained, the Washington Post reported Wednesday.

The newspaper, citing unidentified U.S. officials it described as familiar with the intelligence, said the information provides additional evidence of alleged official Saudi involvement in Khashoggi’s disappearance last week after he entered the country’s consulate in Istanbul, Turkey.

How should America respond?

By using every means possible of seeking out intelligence officials who are leaking secret documentation and seeing they spend years in prison.

1 Like

do you have an opinion on a U.S ally murdering a Journalist?

Trump expressed concern when he spoke about it yesterday. I was a bit surprised.

The real problem isn’t an “ally” covertly murdering a Washington Post journalist. No, the problem is that we found out about it.

4 Likes

Saudi Arabia isn’t really an ally. They have oil. We want oil. We are playing nice until the oil is gone. At that point, nobody will still be pretending that Saudi Arabia is an ally.

What’s it like having to live in such a way where you can’t even respond to a story with your gut reaction, but instead have to twist into a pretzel first?

1 Like

I’ll bet we respond similarly to how we responded when 19 of the 21 hijackers of 9/11 were Saudis?

Invade Iraq again?

6 Likes

That’ll teach those Saudis.

1 Like

USA
USA
USA!!!

Weird stuff for sure.

I love that this happened on the continental US mainland… what the hell is happening to our country?

I didn’t realize Turkey was part of the US mainland.

My mistake.

Good first post about a foreign government cutting an American’s balls off (or beheading him or whatever medieval method of death they picked for our guy).

No problem. We all make them.

Invade Afghanistan and Iraq,…and call those who are against it anti American?..Not supporting the troops etc.

We’ll probly have to reinforce the Patriot Act as well.

It had a good ring to it didn’t it?

There is a reason that lower officials in the intelligence community don’t get to disclose to the media everything they think is important, immediately. They don’t make policy there. People can die from that practice. There is no reason to believe this couldn’t be handled properly without rushing to the Washington Post or NYTs.

What makes you think this wasn’t an “official” leak?

1 Like