The incompetent administration

No doubt it looks that way through your Trump brand ■■■■ colored glasses.

Just the facts mam. :sunglasses:

He did comment. He wanted to know how you connected not having an ambassador to the killing. Still waiting.

Why do we have a President of the United States instead of just relying on the Cabinet to handle things?

Why do we ever bother putting people in positions of leadership? Because you need a point person able to coordinate information and make decisions.

1 Like

I think the point is that exerting influence over situations like this, putting pressure, raising issues, etc., requires having ambassadors on scene, people who carry the full weight and word of the US. Staffers at embassies just aren’t going to be taken with the same level of seriousness. The situation makes the US look like it’s not serious about the relationships. It also raises with other countries the question of competence: why doesn’t the US have ambassadors?

From this thread looks like the US is helping with the investigation without any trouble.

^^^ Clearly confused about what constitutes “fact.” Your tribal groundless opinions aren’t that.

I don’t think you understand anything about actual diplomacy. It takes a lot more than sigint. It requires people on site to push, to communicate. Why doesn’t the Trump admin have ambassadors to these countries? Is it a choice to act stupidly, or just more of its routine incompetence?

1 Like

I think the proper people to investigate are those in Turkey. This occured in their country. The US should just be a periferal and offer help as they request and is appropriate.

As I said way back when the Samali pirates were attacking ships with US citizens – you go places in the world where there is problems (or in this guys case, a country that you fled out of fear and go back to an embassy of that country) you take your own chances and don’t look to the US to come in gun’s a blazin’.

2 Likes

No confusion on this side. Just the facts mam. :sunglasses:

A list of President Trumps Ambassador appointees and nominees are available on the internet where you will see many are awaiting Senate confirmation.

Knock-Knock……………… Mitch (McConnell) are you there?

If libs want to see incompetence all they have to do is look in the mirror.

2 Likes

Not sure how this is Trumps fault. Advanced TDS as usual.

It’s not like there is no embassy there…

There is simply no connection between the ambassador and this event. Let them show how it would have been prevented with an ambassador and then we can talk.

1 Like

Let’s review the swamp’s accomplishment over the last 30 years…

Stagnate wages
massive debt
Missed 9/11
Loss of manufacturing
Wrong on WMD’s
Rise of China’s dictatorship.
Never ending wars
Crashed the economy in 2008…

It’s quite sad that you actually have to put this writing. I’m sure the deflection and obfuscation will continue in full force, however.

They don’t and will never care. Nothing is ever Trump’s fault and they will never criticize him for anything. They’re way too far down the rabbit hole for that.

Alternative facts.

That’s your department which i will leave to you. I deal in just the facts mam. :sunglasses:

Yeah…

During the meeting, Graham recalled, Trump wanted to discuss national security.

Graham told Trump what he saw as his two biggest concerns with the topic, Iran and North Korea. At that point, Graham recalled the television began showing old footage of North Korean missile launches.

Graham said Trump grew worried after watching the footage, as he was under the impression the launches were happening in real time.

“That’s old footage, old footage!” Graham recalled telling Trump at the time, laughing.

Nah. That’s what the White House came up with to plaster over their own idiocy. The term was invented in the West Wing. They own it.