U.S intercept intel linking Saudi Prince to murder of Journalist in Turkey

My mistake.

Good first post about a foreign government cutting an American’s balls off (or beheading him or whatever medieval method of death they picked for our guy).

No problem. We all make them.

Invade Afghanistan and Iraq,…and call those who are against it anti American?..Not supporting the troops etc.

We’ll probly have to reinforce the Patriot Act as well.

It had a good ring to it didn’t it?

There is a reason that lower officials in the intelligence community don’t get to disclose to the media everything they think is important, immediately. They don’t make policy there. People can die from that practice. There is no reason to believe this couldn’t be handled properly without rushing to the Washington Post or NYTs.

What makes you think this wasn’t an “official” leak?

1 Like

So, again - your biggest issue here is that we found out about it, not that it happened.

Why do you assume this leak wasn’t sanctioned?

I love how Trump was like “yeah they probably killed the guy but hey they’re buying US stuff so **** that guy.”

Brown person who is only a us resident not a citizen but also works for Washington Post as a journalist. It’s literally killing 2 birds with one stone for him

If its sanctioned, that’s fine. Why would you sanction a leak instead of just make a press release?

For plausible deniability, and to lessen the extent that it will piss off Saudi Arabia.

It’s not that complicated. Most “senior government official” leaks are sanctioned, to an extent or another. Sometimes its interagency infighting, sometimes its partisanship - and sometimes its directed from the top.

The way Iraq intelligence was ‘‘massaged’’ by Cheney is why ‘‘rushing to the Washington Post or NYTs’’ has become necessary.

1 Like

Actually, the concern about information leaks is (or should be) crucial.

We haven’t had internal information security for decades.

Had this remained unleaked, our government could have leveraged this with strong-arm diplomacy.

Now it has to play out on the public stage, and that can only result in a no-win resolution.

Oh my god.

2 Likes

i’m glad we have a president who stands up for all americans.

Frightening, isn’t it?

These people vote for those who lead our country.

This is gonna be a dark era that future Americans look back on. Especially once Mueller reports.

Federal law states sanctions must be put in place.

It’s sad but at this point I’m just numb by the stupidity of trumper’s

1 Like