U.S Court: You don't have a right to an education

My take is if there’s no money in the government kitty to spend for something then people don’t have a right to expect it to be spent anyway.

This vmay indicate a coming death knell for judges telling governments to spend money in certain ways, essentially usurping the legislative power to do so.

Moreover, when education is valued by those needing to obtain it people of all descriptions have in times past been quite able to self study if that’s what it takes. Here, I’m sure others will point out, parents who are involved and demanding can make a difference but it still comes down to the attitudes of the kids even then. The fault is not in our stars, but in ourselves is how the old saying goes.

The one fellow who posted a link to the “professor” who said math perpetuates white privilege showed exactly what and where the problem lay: with an ideology that associates education with submission or selling out. There’s is a reason why a scumbag like Bill Ayers went into teaching teachers and, as with the mismanagement of the Chicago Annenburg Challenge under his chosen buddy Obama (who in his defense is merely a lawyer and not a teacher), what they teach isn’t always about educating someone but indoctrinating them.

aside: the CAC had over a hundred million to spend but by NOT focusing on basic skills and remedial education failed to improve education in Chicago. Something that could now be materially benefitting the very people it failed. As I said before, Obama has an excuse of sorts but Ayers doesn’t so I can only assume that they spent the money just how he thought it shouldn’t be frittered away.

Im an iron guy

Two take aways: they’ve gotten more subtle that when LBJ had a box of votes, cast in alphabetical order, written with the same pen and handwriting; remember the Democrat operative who boasted on video about bussing in folks for decades?

America is a country full of uneducated morons. Think about it

Thanks for example.

yes…I remember. same guy who boasted about creating violence at Trump rallies to make Trump supporters look bad.

And yet… libs here just can’t accept their leaders are bad… real bad.

Realignment?

The relief requested is quoted below, the link given is to the original lawsuit.

https://www.clearinghouse.net/chDocs/public/ED-MI-0006-0001.pdf

REQUEST FOR RELIEF
Plaintiffs respectfully request the following relief:

1. A determination by this Court that this action may be maintained as a
    class action;
  2. Injunctive relief requiring Defendants and their officers, agents, and
    employees to ensure that Plaintiffs’ and class members have the opportunity to
    attain literacy, including, but not limited, to:
    a. Implementation of evidence-based programs for literacy instruction
    and intervention, such as:
    i. appropriate literacy instruction at all grade levels, including
    instruction in the alphabetic principle, fluency, and comprehension in
    grades K-3, and instruction in comprehension, motivation, word
    study, fluency, and vocabulary in grades 4-12;
    ii. universal screening for literacy problems, including screening at the
    beginning and middle of the year for all students in primary grades
    and appropriate periodic screening of older students;
    iii. timely and appropriate intervention with individual students to prevent
    or remediate reading difficulties;
    b. Establishment of a system of statewide accountability whereby the
    State:
    i. monitors conditions that deny access to literacy, taking into account
    the identified conditions antithetical to literacy instruction in
    Plaintiffs’ schools, such as insufficient teacher capacity, deplorable
    school conditions, and failure to promote learning readiness through
    trauma-informed practices; and
    ii. intervenes in a timely manner to address identified conditions that
    deny access to literacy.
    c. Provision of compensatory and remedial education for all class
    members—including students who previously attended but no longer
    attend Experiencia—including, but not limited to, assessing the
    literacy proficiency of each student and developing an individualized
    plan to bring each student up to grade level;
  3. The issuance of a declaratory judgment that Defendants’ actions and
    inaction complained of herein violate Plaintiffs’ rights under the Fourteenth
    Amendment of the United States Constitution and Title VI of the Civil Rights Act
    of 1964, 42, U.S.C. § 2000d and 34 C.F.R. § 100.3(b)(2);
  4. An award of costs, disbursements, and reasonable attorneys’ fees and
    expenses pursuant to 42 U.S.C. § 1988 and any other applicable provisions of law;
    and
  5. Such other relief as this Court deems just and proper.

Classic 3 word response. Buffoonery at it’s finest. Making ‘em proud

Boring…

No. It’s just that a majority of people who excel at advanced mathematics, prodominantly Asian, actually apply those skills in engineering disciplines as opposed to white people who join academia.

Did you go to public school?

Yes, but you’re a good craftsman so it can be forgiven.

They should have filed it with their parents.

Yes, a very bad one, I spent most of my time there reading during class.

I don’t know. I’m probably wrong.

That stinks, all three of mine were quite good.

Probably because of all the people paying property taxes to fund them.

I[quote=“Drawz, post:61, topic:6239, full:true”]

That stinks, all three of mine were quite good.
[/quote]

I was fortunate enough to attend a small rural school district in Northeast Pennsylvania. Small enough that everybody in the class knew everybody else in the class. :smile:

:slight_smile: My HS was about 2500 kids, 650 or so in my graduating class, so I didn’t know most of them.