U.S Court: You don't have a right to an education

Also, despite his having boasted about clear violations of election laws, collusion with PACs going right up to higher eschelon Democrats, nothing has happened in the courts.

But you’re all good with the President who advocated violence at his own rallies?

It wasn’t the fault of the school or the teachers, it was purely a function of the kids in the school and their parents lack of value or emphasis on education. The vast majority of the kids there had no interest in being taught.

About 145 in my class.

I’m not Asian. I’m an engineer. Analytical mathematics is second nature for me.

his rallies. his.

the dem was deceptive and created violence at other candidates’ rallies.

that’s the big difference, pumpkin.

So the parents are responsible for health hazard like mold in the building? Toilets that don’t work?

This sounds like an insurance man where I rent telling me I was responsible for mold in my apartment for normal, everyday activities like showering & cooking.

OK. I’ll use the Women’s showers at work & eat out of a can like my cat.:exploding_head:

I can accept that attitudes about education & influence of one’s peers–particularly when one is a young man with no father figure in the home–can disrupt education.

But no books? Health hazards? Even rodents in the buildings?

Some time ago after Obama’s quip about books I joked that places like Chicago or Detroit should heavily regulate who can have books, that way the gangs will make sure they are available in quantity the way they do with guns.

1 Like

“Moreover, when education is valued by those needing to obtain it people of all descriptions have in times past been quite able to self study if that’s what it takes.”

I’m sorry, but this sounds like a man who devalued formal education for his children, saying they could learn in a public library. Hey, great! Try listing “County Public Library” on the eduation section of a resume.

There are, however, ridiculous trends in this “right to education”, like the idea that everyone is entitled to a Bachelor’s Degree, and starting out in a four year college. Just. No.

Of all the students who start college courses, only about 40% leave with a degree, and if someone really wants to go, there are two year junior colleges that don’t reject applicants. They can work towards an Associates degree, which is an automatic ticket into a Bachelor program, or can be used to learn a skill or decide they don’t want to pursue the four year degree.

They’ve improved their education, perhaps learned a skill, and saved themselves student loan debt by not going to a four year institution.

Of course parents are responsible. Schools are local entities, run by communities full of, you guessed it, parents.

Oh, I see. Donald advocating violence and even promising to the pay legal fees of his supporters if they did as he asked and then got arrested for assaulting people is ok because it was Donald’s rally? That’s reasonable.

I remember getting my senior yearbook and not even recognizing the face of every kid in my year.

Dude, that makes it worse.

One of my cousins returned a couple of years ago after spending 5 years down in Florida (work assignment). His oldest child took his freshman year at West Orange High School in Altamonte Springs, Florida. Its 2017/2018 enrollment was 4,124 students or more than 1,000 in each grade.

He went from that to Lackawanna Trail Jr./Sr. High School (grades 7 through 12). 479 students total in 6 grades. That is just about 80 students per grade. :smile:

I live in the Lackawanna Trail district myself, but on the Wyoming County side, they live on the Lackawanna County side.

Lets just say he had the mother of all culture shocks going from his Freshman year to his Sophomore year. :smile:

Not to mention that West Orange High School is 52% non-Hispanic White while Lackawanna Trail High School is 100% non-Hispanic White.

I experienced something similar when I went off to college.

That’s not that rural.

You’re still in Scranton suburbs.

My dear…I take one thing and answer the reasons for the majority of problems with in our school system. You list several things that answers for very few.

The suburbs don’t reach out nearly this far. There has been no incursion of “bedroom” communities at all into Wyoming County. If anything, our population has been slowly but steadily declining for years both my township and the surrounding townships are completely rural. The two nearest boroughs are both static in population and have a small town feel. While we may not be that far from Scranton as the crow flies, once you get past the Clark’s Summit/Clark’s Green area, you are out in the backwoods. :smile:

Can’t remember been so long since was near Scranton area. I always come out from Cleveland or Pitts. Don’t fly into New York. My neck of the woods is about hundred miles west.

One of things people don’t know elk roam those woods in Pa. Their weren’t many when I was growing up but it seems the herd has expanded lot since then.

one is honest. the other isn’t.