U.S. Airstrike Assassinates Most Senior Iranian Military Commander

IRGC Quds Force Chief Qasem Sulameini killed in U.S. drone strike in Baghdad. Given that he’s Iran’s most senior and visible military leader, is this the spark that sets the region ablaze?

1 Like

It pretty much kill Iran operation in Iraq / Syria but wont do much domestically.

Funny how they killed him during another Mueller info dump…

1 Like

His assassination will have the same effect as if Iran assassinated the United States Secretary of Defense.

This will have the desired consequence of starting a total war between the United States and Iran.

3 Likes

too bad so sad. He’s responsible for hundreds of American deaths in Iraq.

1 Like

Tin foil slipping?

2 Likes

And it looks like we’re going for a lot more…

I don’t see a full scale war unless either side is stupid.

The neo-cons and hawks desperately want total war with Iran and will take any step to get it.

1 Like

The ball is in Iran hands now to respond, it would be stupid to start a full blown conflict they know it will be the end of their regime.

It may not be the cakewalk the United States is planning on.

I’m not into starting another war…but this guy was legitimate target. Specially if we have intercept of him ordering the attack against Americans.

To equate him to SecDef is ridiculous IMO.

2 Likes

Major General is the highest rank for non political appointment in the Iranian Army.

Context:

Despite all of Suleimani’s rough work, his image among Iran’s faithful is that of an irreproachable war hero—a decorated veteran of the Iran-Iraq War, in which he became a division commander while still in his twenties. In public, he is almost theatrically modest. During a recent appearance, he described himself as “the smallest soldier,” and, according to the Iranian press, rebuffed members of the audience who tried to kiss his hand. His power comes mostly from his close relationship with Khamenei, who provides the guiding vision for Iranian society. The Supreme Leader, who usually reserves his highest praise for fallen soldiers, has referred to Suleimani as “a living martyr of the revolution.” Suleimani is a hard-line supporter of Iran’s authoritarian system.

This opens up the likelihood of retaliation against senior U.S. military personnel.

It’s not like they weren’t already targets.

There are always targets, the question is if they retaliate or not.

My guess we got some sort of intercept of more attacks…those in the know will correct me. I’m just thinking out loud here.

Bolton must be pretty pissed right now he got let go when he did.

From Trump’s Twitter account just over 8 years ago: “In order to get elected, @BarackObama will start a war with Iran.”

3 Likes