U.S. Airstrike Assassinates Most Senior Iranian Military Commander

Indeed. My fear realized. @JayJay talked for a long time about Trump* accidentally getting us into a war. It wasn’t with Iran, specifically, but the gist remains the same. And here we are.

*3rd Impeached President of the United States

1 Like

I thought we were getting out of the Middle East.

https://twitter.com/AC360/status/1212924287931289600

There are no non political offer or senior NCO appointments in the IRG.

Their screening process is akin to that of the German SS in the WWII era.

Nope…there was another info dump.

checked my phone expecting nothing new…

BAGHDAD (AP) — An airstrike killed Gen. Qassem Soleimani

this is new.

Ya well, a proportional response ain’t going to be good for anyone either.

Sure, he had a lot more singular power and fanatical devotion than your run of the mill american secdef.

He led their terrorist forces around the world and had been specifically responsible for more than a thousand dead Americans.

They acted when it was discovered that he was about to launch a new series of attacks targeting US diplomats and military abroad.

It was long past time.

3 Likes

Maybe.

I’m just soaking in the significance. Who the hell knows what comes next, eh?

A complete shuffling of the board will no doubt follow.

I look for Iran to resume threatening and harassing gulf shipping.

I almost hope they do as that will give us all the justification we need to put their navy on the bottom and destroy all of their shore batteries and air force.

Ya see that’s the thing that makes me nervous right there. Are we baiting? and for what?

Say you’re El Presidente Wildrose, you can think up a dozen ways right now to provoke Iran so that we can…

1 Like

At the very least, we’re totally going to have to pay for that new pothole at the airport.

No we’re not baiting, it was the appropriate response to the attack on the embassy.

Two weeks ago one of his militias hit a US base in Iraq killing one American and wounding several others.

The missile attack on the terrorist camp last week targeted the specific group responsible for that attack.

He decided to raise the ante by launching an attack on our embassy and properly paid the price.

2 Likes

Going to be a hard sell to the rest of the the world that a proportional response to a burned out guard shack is assassinating a general.

Equally hard sell to say their next move is isn’t a response to us taking out Soleimani.

1 Like

Your working hard avoid how we got to this point.

What happened in between the two?

God help us if they use their nukes. They’re crazy enough to actually do it.

Not at all. Soleimani has American blood on his hands for sure.

I’m just trying to figure out what’s next. and like I said, what makes me nervous is perfectly demonstrated by this line of thinking:

We can Gulf of Tonkin ourselves right into whatever we “almost hope” would happen. I’m hoping that’s not what’s next.

If they even begin to act like they are going to use them Iran as currently constituted will cease to exist.

the US fired missles into baghdad international airport.

If iraq wasnt notified in advance i can easily see iraq ordering all US troops out

Yes. I’m sure literally no one else will get involved and it won’t be a precursor to World War III. We operate in a vacuum. :roll_eyes:

Considering some of the bridges we’ve recently burned with some of our allies, I’m sure it will end spectactularly in our favor. Trust in us has never been more bigly with the Twidiot in Chief running things, right?

1 Like