Turkey agree to cease-fire in Northern Syria

You said Turkey wouldn’t invade Syria with our troops there. They obviously have in the past, more than once. They have been building up troops in that area since at least August.

What policy? Abandoning our allies? The cease-fire should never have been necessary, because we should have never abandoned the Kurds.

Do you have any idea what you are saying? Trump broke a window, but he put it back together with a band aid. Why aren’t you happy about the band aid?

The band aid didn’t cost any American lives. That’s what is important.

I repeat: Cease-fire. No American lives lost. Are you happy with that or do you oppose it?

https://www.rudaw.net/english/world/171020191

Doesn’t look like the ceasefire will accomplish much. Turkey wants the Kurds to withdraw. The Kurds wants Turkey to end the occupation. Turkey says this is only a pause in its operations, but will continue at the end of the ceasefire.

I oppose it.

Of course, I’m talking about the whole story and just ignoring your nonsense abbreviation of the situation.

2 Likes

No I’m not happy. Trump should never have broken the window.

Honesty. I can respect that.

Holy mackerel.

And if peace broke out? 3.6 million Syrian refugees can go home?

Would that make you happy?

Turkey doesn’t seem to think it’s a ceasefire:
https://twitter.com/trtworld/status/1184894643521097728

Also the fact that the Kurds didn’t agree to anything makes it sort of hard to call it a ceasefire.

What happened is Trump promised to facilitate Turkey’s ethnic cleansing plan in exchange for nothing.

3 Likes

You didn’t answer my question. During Olive Branch, where were the US troops, how were they involved, and how many casualties?

Because it’s not a ceasefire and Turkey isn’t calling it that. Trump and his bootlickers are calling it that to make it sound like he accomplished something. What it is is an ultimatum: you have five days to leave the area before we start killing you again.

Trump is not only green-lighting ethnic cleansing, he’s calling Erdogan a great leader for doing it.

The Kurds were working on a safe zone until Turkey messed it up.

Looks like it. The Kurds are rejecting Turkish occupation.

I can’t ignore everything that led up this.

That’s been going on since 2012 and hardily a blip has been said about it. And estimated 400,000 people have died in Syria and another million or so displaced the vast majority of deaths and displacement happened before the orange man was around and the JV team was in business. As soon as Raqqa fell the media fell quiet on Syria until the presidents decision to move 50 soldiers.

And remember folks, he hasn’t even had to deal with a foreign policy crisis not of his own creation yet.

2 Likes

I see. A few more deaths and displaced people ain’t no big deal.

This is only step one in Donald’s eleventy-dimensional foreign policy plan.

Wait until you read the next very correct, very perfect letter.