Truth Social Media formation announced on Hannity by DJT, Jr

Will the site ban users under their TOS that disparage the backers (i.e. Donald Trump, Trump Media Tech, or the site)?

Are users allowed to freely express their viewpoints?

WW

Seems to be your preference, at least you are here quite a bit.

Completely irrelevant. What has been pointed out is an alternative to twitter is ostensibly being built to allow users to provide commentary free of censorship has within its ToS the ability to sanction users.

I’m not bothered by the fact that sites have rules and moderation. Aka censorship.

They are allowed to, and I can decide if I want to live within those rules or not.

Conservatives on the other hand….

Unless those viewpoints insult the site or its creators.

And that’s all it took. :wink:

1 Like

Nobody on the right wants totally uncensored content, what they don’t want is content that is moderated unfairly or with political bias. Or to be more accurate and less generous, for the other side getting censored for their political opinions instead of them. Personally, I would prefer to avoid social media altogether, at least massive scale social media at any rate.

Odds are this will be no different than twitter when it comes to politically motivated moderation, only coming from the other side.

1 Like

What do you call it when the terms of service explicitly sate you can’t criticize the people who back the site, which includes trump?

Truth Social Media is like a brave new world for many of us.

Whether or not any of us wish to give this one company a fair shake is perfectly okay.

That being said, please consider sparing us a lecture like you seemingly and selectively ignored the fact in your last post that millions of people already have had a “shadow-ban” placed on them.

Reasonable request from the people providing the platform? Always seemed like a reasonable request on this site to me. Plenty of other places to criticize the host of one was inclined to do so. Bit problematic if he intends to run again though. Though the FEC didn’t seem to have a problem with social media companies helping put democrats so…

You can criticize twitter on twitter. Facebook on facebook.

Their ToS will allow users to be sanctioned. That is no different to what twitter has done.

It’s not a request.

“Insult us and we will ban you” = Order

“Please don’t insult us, we won’t take any action, but your respect would be appreciated” = Request

WW

1 Like

Not at all. But you guys are the ones claiming they are encroaching in free speech with their TOS yet you are already giving Trump’s site a pass. Hilarious.

3 Likes

It’s certainly going to be an interesting experiment. I wonder if a new social can build serious cache in this environment. With FB and Twitter and Insta having such a massive piece of the market, it’s hard to imagine someone else making room.

I’m quite sure trump underestimates the amount of capital that will be required to make this site a real player.

Please feel free to use my abbreviation since it’s easier to type “InstFaceTwit”.

You are welcome.

WW

1 Like

What other social platforms may be doing is completely irrelevant. The supposed raison d’etre for the new platform is to provide one without censorship. It is problematic that their ToS allows censorship.

That’s perfectly ok. I’m just pointing out the hypocrisy. You are joining a site that essentially has the same terms of service as Twitter

I’m not understanding your point here?

No, it’s a request, can’t order me to do anything if I don’t visit your site.

Ostensibly you mean. No, it’s just a right wing version of twitter, no doubt people on the left will end up getting banned for their political opinions there.