Trumps administration pandemic response

But $10,000,000,000.00 for a wall that can be defeated by a $16.00 ladder or a $4.00 shovel is available all day every day. Predictable.

3 Likes

Then please, by all means. Worry. Are you okay if I don’t?

Every stat tells us it’s doing the job. Get over it.

Please head down for the border and demonstrate how you scale the 30’ wall with a 16.00 ladder and 4.00 shovel. Post it to youtube as soon as you do.

1 Like

Did you choose not read my post? Or did it not make sense to you?

Fake news. And According to CBP, effective barriers have reduced illegal crossings by over 90 percent. So there’s that.

Quoted for math.

3 Likes

:rofl:

No it isn’t. The couple of miles of new structure that hasn’t blown down is not stopping border crossings at all. And there are already countless videos of people defeating the replacement wall with ladders and tunnels. Not too mention the fact that in the replacement wall the drain gates are required to be left open for weeks on end, which allows people to walk on through.

I’m all about stopping illegal immigration and securing the border. A 15th century solution to a 21st century problem is absurd. It’s about as absurd as believing a sea-to-shining-sea wall (impractical, but hypothetically speaking) would be able to prevent the corona virus from ever finding its way into the United States. This is 2020, not 1420.

:rofl:

5 Likes

Um…who wants to tell him?

:flushed:

3 Likes

I fixed it. Thanks for the heads up. But my statement regarding the effectiveness still stands. Yes?

You’re just blowing smoke and fabricating BS now. No wall blew down, a small section at the end where it was under construction leaned over and had to be pushed/pulled back up to plum so the footings could be poured. All that amounted to was a very brief delay in the ongoing construction.

It’s working, 90-95% REDUCTIONS are real. Walls work that’s why we put them around things and people we want to secure.

As for the flood gates issue. no they won’t be left open for weeks at a time and when they are open people aren’t going to be swimming up stream against a flash flood to get in.

Those water gaps won’t be moving either thus they become choke points to channel the illegals right into the hands of the Border Patrol.

1 Like

Fair enough. :smiley:

It doesn’t man. You will be hard pressed to find someone here to the right of me on illegal immigration. But a wall is a stupid waste of money. It cannot stop illegal immigration anymore than it can stop the corona virus from making its way into our borders. Could it marginally slow down a small percentage of border crossers? Probably. But negligibly at best. The ROI is absurdly untenable.

“Intentionally rendered itself incapable” - Donald’s biggest promise kept!

3 Likes

Again. CBP disagrees. They are the experts. They analyze the data and respond to security breaches. I think they know what they are talking about.

1 Like

Honestly, on this issue I really wish an entire sea-to-sea wall would be built, and then 3-4 years after its completion when illegal immigration has not been curbed by the 90% people claim, I could have a nice round of I told ya so, and then get all of you people to finally work to support the policies that actually will address this very real problem.

It seems until then, I have to deal with the bumper sticker slogan mentality of “Build The Wall” and people ignoring the root cause of illegal immigration, and the multitude of actual policies and actions that could be taken to really fix this problem.

The international spread of the virus has been limited outside of China only 3% spread rate.

and the only two major sites outside of China South Korea is linked to a single religious group and Iran failure of their government to follow WHO direction

Yeah, I hate that bumper sticker mentality. Build the wall kinda rhymes with Medicare for all.

1 Like

The bumper sticker is “the 12th century solution to a 21st century problem”.

Walls work that’s why we put them around things we want to secure.

1 Like

The WHO failed to do anything to contain it, that’s why we now have the Wuhan strain on all of the permanently occupied continents.

This is not needed. In some places, the terrain alone is enough to reduce illegal crossings by 90 percent. We also can direct manpower away from the areas protected by a wall to more heavily crossed areas. Catch and release undermines the effort and should never be used again. Remain in Mexico seems to be an improvement.

1 Like

Unfortunately it looks like the mortality rate is still rising. As of Friday up to 2.9%.

Not good.