Trumps administration pandemic response

Canadian minster of public health has been giving almost daily reports on this since it started.
I’m very well informed on what is happening and the government action to deal with it.

does the CDC do similar thing in America.

For the United States, the answers are especially worrying because the government has intentionally rendered itself incapable. In 2018, the Trump administration fired the government’s entire pandemic response chain of command, including the White House management infrastructure. In numerous phone calls and emails with key agencies across the U.S. government, the only consistent response I encountered was distressed confusion. If the United States still has a clear chain of command for pandemic response, the White House urgently needs to clarify what it is—not just for the public but for the government itself, which largely finds itself in the dark.

Nothing to worry about folks. Everything is fine. This is all normal.

7 Likes

This is something all first world nations routinely do. Leading by example. Again.

2 Likes

Indeed. While China builds massive hospitals in mere days, we are firing all experienced personnel that could competently handle an emergency like this. All totally normal behavior.

This is the dumbest, and possibly most dangerous, possible timeline.

2 Likes

It all seems quite self defeating in hindsight

1 Like

This has Katrina moment written all over it.

3 Likes

I live in rural Canada i will be fine.

The CDC hasn’t even got a clue how many cases to expect.

Is there any particular reason the US should be carrying the bulk of the load for the WHO or are there perhaps some other developed countries out there that can pick up an even greater share?

1 Like

You do understand that this is not an unbiased source. Right? They are politically opposed to the President? Therefore will disagree with nearly everything. I’m still not worried about Corona.

Good thing the GOP has been busy sabotaging Obamacare and replacing it with an affordable plan of their own.

https://mobile.twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/1231959925040939009

1 Like

In your dreams! :grin:

Follow the lead of others doing less what a fantastic policy.

3 Likes

So nothing in the article is accurate? Is that your claim? Trump didn’t dismantle the entire chain of command on pandemic responses? That never happened? Nothing to see here? The corona virus is just TDS?

1 Like

Well if that’s the case they certainly failed didn’t they?

No. My claim is that they want you to panic because they are never Trumpers. I see no reason to panic. But that’s just me.

1 Like

Well considering how spectacularly they’ve failed at doing so particularly in this case it seems to be one hell of a waste of money.

Discussing the realities of preparedness is not panicking. It is discussing the realities of preparedness. And there are facts and evidence to support the claims that we are not prepared as a result of direct action taken by Trump.

Using hyperbolic adjectives like “panicking” is only designed to deflect and misdirect from this discussion and the facts.

2 Likes

It’s not our duty to carry the load for them and you know we don’t have an endless pool of money here.

No. I’ve come to understand. I watch, read, and pay attention. I analyze and apply logic and reason.

Yea we did a bang up job on that Aids thingy didn’t we?