Trump Will Declare a National Emergency

Sure about that?

Historical data also shows that the amounts of drugs smuggled in between the ports of entry, where a wall might make a difference, is on the decrease. The total number of marijuana seized in 2017, the last full year of data available, is almost a third of what it was in in 2012.

On the other hand, the smuggling of hard drugs is on the rise at ports of entry, with notable increases in the past five years, according to Customs and Border Protection

After months of negative publicity, the Trump Golf courses cleaned up their act. But starting with the Trump Tower project, where Trump arranged to bring in undocumented construction workers to cut costs and then paid a nominal fine for doing so, this pattern has been consistent.

The story about undocumented workers in the golf courses broke six months before action was taken How can you call that cleaning up one’s act.

I want to see President Trump take action against those who hire undocumented workers. Do you agree or disagree with the? And if doing so means that President Trump has to initiate actions that require legal action be taken against businessmen like Donald Trump I cannot see why the President would shy away from such action, given the President’s commitment to enforcing immigration law. Why do you have problem with this?

Beat me to it. No conservative or Constitutionalist would ever support a declaration of a National Emergency and usurp the appropriations power specifically delegated to the Legislative Branch in such a manner.

Especially after the Congress already debated the issue and passed legislation that specifically addresses the problem at the southern border, and will be signed by the President.

Anyone backing Trump in this tyrannical, King-like circumvention of the Constitution can never claim to be conservative again.

I think we need to look at the advantages of the Trump era. The groups (many of their members anyway) who have been exposed for who they truly are, are…

Constitutionalists
Lawn and Order people
Tea Party folks
Christian values voters
Family values voters
Fiscal conservatives
The NRA
And people who preach that they value honor and integrity

In the exact same place where all the Tea Party people are.

Indeed. Trump has exposed a great many people for being unprincipled and hypocritical in what they have previously claimed to have believed in. It’s a shame. Because there are a great many of these people who used to claim to share an ideology with me. It was apparently all a scam for many of them.

Why does it have to be the same, a national emergency is a national emergency.

Guns, immigration, climate change. What’s the difference.

Once trump lets the genie outta the bottle ya can’t put it back.

Allan

So Trump is going to declare a National Emergency this morning, and then this afternoon he is going to fly off on the taxpayers dime to Mar-A-Lago. In the middle of a NATIONAL EMERGENCY?!?!? The President is going golfing and taking a mini-vacation in the middle of a declared state of emergency. What a complete and total joke.

2 Likes

Trump advocating for the death penalty for drug dealers. Just like China does. Good times.

The Administrator of the Small Business Administration, Linda McMahon won’t be happy with that knowing her husband’s history.

Trump is rambling. Totally off script. Sounds like a confused grandpa.

1 Like

While his supporters flood message boards and social media to tell us about how much work Trump does and how little he golfs/vacations.

We do have an emergency in this country. One of lies. One of conservatives being brainwashed by right wing media for more than a generations. One of a lack of core values or principles.

The emergency we should be fighting is the modern Republican party.

1 Like

Maybe advocating was the wrong word. But he was definitely praising China’s policy for executing drug dealers.

My god, get him away from the microphone.

This is all so freakin perfect.

1 Like

This “National Emergency” declaration is a case study in why we need to 25th Amendment this imbecile.

He’s rambling like a confused grandpa.

He’s telling thousand times over outright lies.

He’s advocating hard for actual tolatiarian crimes and upholding dictatorships as good examples.

Every single so-called “Conservative” who supports this monster deserves to be locked up right alongside him.

1 Like

It’s as if you live in a world where facts don’t matter.

90% of drug traffic from Mexico is smuggled in through shipments at ports of entry.

Only 10% comes across the border via other means.

Still a smaller portion of that 10% comes through areas where there’s no physical barrier.

And even more than this? The fastest growing delivery route for drugs is MAIL ORDER direct from either China or US sources.

And the drugs that come in via mail order? They are ten times more potent than the stuff coming in from Mexico…FAR more harmful and deadly.

Yeah I agree…do something different.

But the different thing that needs to be done is something that actually…you know…PUTS A DENT IN THE PROBLEM.

A wall does NONE of that.

It addresses a minute fraction of drug trade.

It’ll take years to even come to pass so the miniscule portion of drug trade that it might effect will just shift elsewhere.

It addresses NOTHING. It starves NOTHING.

Do you really not see this?

1 Like

Here is your logic …you need to dam up a river so the logical idea would be to put the dam in the water to block the flow…instead you built the dam in a baseball field…thats over grown with weeds because it hasn’t been used in decades.

1 Like

That made me laugh.

1 Like

When asked what conservative voices have influenced his opinions on boarder security …Trump lists Hannity first, Rush second, (says he hardly knows Culter), Ingram next, Carlson …

Funny, he goes straight for media influences … Well, not funny, kinda sad.

3 Likes