Trump Warns China Impasse to Worsen If Xi Retaliates on Tariffs

So you expect China to do what’s in it’s best interest but not US.

Is that what you’r saying?

Nope. Not what I’m saying. Thanks for asking though.

Wh do you hate Americans?

1 Like

It was being addressed.

It was being done so in the TPP.

People decided that they didn’t like that strategy. But it was a strategy to address intellectual property and trade along the Pacific Rim.

President Trump failed to put into place a coherent strategy about trade in the Pacific Rim… something that should have been done day one of his administration.

What he has is a fascination with tariffs which is a tax on the American people. There isn’t anything necessarily wrong with tariffs… it is just that how Trump is employing them seems to be reckless and without any real coherent end game.

1 Like

After the past couple of weeks, S&P 500 annualized returns less than 10% under Trump. SAD.

1 Like

There seems to be a lot of anger here.

Want to talk about it?

I agree. It’s not.

Is that what you really think…TPP was going to address it?

Maybe when my teeth start falling out due to age tooth fairy will make me rich,

Yes. It was absolutely a strategy to address intellectual property and trade in the Pacific Rim.

A lot of liberal groups did not like it because the copyright and digital rights management was seen as too dracononian.

It wasn’t liked by you, because of a Boeing assembly plant.

But it did address regional trade in an attempt to pen in China.

Now they have a open road to do whatever they want because the President had no cohesive strategy to negotiate a replacement the same day that he killed it.

1 Like

Sam Walton wasn’t an elitist coastal snob.

For years both Larry Kudlow and Steve Moore were vocal about the risks of trade wars. But then they went to work for this administration and did a 180. I have been doing business with China for many years. I have learned that they don’t take well to being bullied. I don’t think that Trump’s America first, America alone policy guarantees success with some of these countries.

America First or America Worst?

I’m all for taking on China. I just wish we had a better strategy than this.

That’s because Donald Trump is a one trick pony who only knows how to bully. He can’t sit down and match wits with other leaders so he continues to do what’s always worked for him.

1 Like

This is an overly simplistic view.

Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, Best Buy, Target, Amazon, etc…ave had tremendous growth and have created millions of jobs, and have given consumers access to products previously out of reach. All because of China.

This is not to say other companies - particularly small mom and pops like my family business - haven’t been hurt.

But to suggest we have gained nothing from our dealings with china is not at all accurate.

He doesn’t even understand tariffs.

1 Like

But yet during the raise of those maga chains the gap between have and have not widen.

Shouldn’t that tell you something?

China pays the tariffs, what’s to understand?

It tells us that our domestic policies are not supporting american workers.

Our economy is filled with retail service sector jobs, and we treat those workers like kids getting a summer job. Until we address that, we’re doomed, no matter who we trade with.

3 Likes

lol. Yep.