Trump Warns China Impasse to Worsen If Xi Retaliates on Tariffs

Sad that that isn’t the half of it,.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1127965567359574016

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1127965568747933696

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1127965569821626368

Remember… he went to Business school

4 Likes

Just curious why day-one was the day to do that.

Why not a day earlier? Or a month earlier? Or a year earlier?

Thread after liberal thread on this board try to place problems that have been decades in the making at Trump’s feet. We have a dysfunctional government. It’s been that way for years. But let’s lay that at Trump’s feet too. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

The point is that the President should have had a coherent trade strategy ready to go the second that he killed the TPP… which was years in the making.

Trump ran on being a great negotiator. That he would be able to negotiate fantastic trade deals.

He doesn’t like multilateral trade deals but bilateral ones. Okay… great. Why wasn’t there a team in place to negotiate bilateral deals with all of those Pacific Rim countries?

Hint… they don’t was bilateral deals… they benefit more from multilateral ones.

But that is neither here nor there.

The President has so far been incapable of delivering one of the key things that he campaigned on and I find it funny that people are giving him a pass.

at 25,313 now. Getting close.

The comments on this thread are a direct result of what Trump has done this week. This is his baby today.

I expect him to deliver. Each term of a president is 4 years. And it may take both his terms to deliver.

That’s not giving him a pass.

I expect us to be close to where we started and victory will be declared and a certain percentage of the population will accept it.

Cool!

“both terms”? You mean the fix is in?

Huh?

None of the score-plus of Dem hopefuls will unseat Trump.

If that’s a “fix” … well, I guess the Dem party is in a real fix hoping to beat Trump.

No, he didn’t. He just wants everyone to think he has which is why he says he went to Wharton instead of U of Penn.

Obama’s plan was to deal with China via the TPP. Trump said that was stupid and he would do it better. This is what that looks like.

You keep claiming the D’s are just as bad, ignoring the facts. Obama was better on the deficit and debt. Obama had a coherent strategy in place for China via the TPP. He had a strategy for Iran. He had a health care plan.

You of course don’t have to agree with what he did, but you can’t fairly compare his implementation of strategy to what we are seeing now.

7 Likes

To many trump supporters, talking about doing stuff is the same as doing stuff.

1 Like

So you DO believe the fix is in…very interesting.

Rush has been mostly blaming the Democrats for Trump not being able to make a deal with China.

The Dow is now down over 600 points.

Seems to me Trump plan is finally working.

Trade deficit for any month is lowest since March 2014.

Is it any reasoning? Or is it just simply “Dems are Bad!”

The New Republican Party has been doing a masterful job of whining when they’re both in power and out of power. Not sure I’ve ever seen a political party so incapable of governing. They had both the White House and Congress and they managed to ■■■■ that up. 40 years of “It’s the Democrat’s fault!!!” just makes them look impotent at this point.

3 Likes

Had both houses, the white house and still managed to have 3 government shutdowns …it’s really impressive

1 Like