Trump told Bob Woodward he knew Coronavirus was bad- and there are tapes

The President could have spent February getting the nation too ramp up production of PPE and laying down national guidelines.

This is what I have been saying since the President said that he always knew this was going to be a pandemic… now that we know just how dangerous a situation the country was going into I just can’t see how people can even begin to defend this.

He restridted travel from China, not banned it. And the day after he does this Biden makes his entry into the scene, accusing Trump of hysteria and xenophobia. The context of that was clear at the time, no matter how they want to twist it later.
What did Trump do? He’s not a scientist. The CDC met with governors in early February to tell them what steps in social distancing should be taken if this spread. The CDC took inventory of needed equipment in hospitals all over the country. Steps were taken to develop test sets. 3M stepped up production of masks. All of this in the first week of Feb.
And no, the restrictions were not going to keep a virus out of the US. That has not succeeded anywhere in the world. The point was not to keep brining in more viruses as you try to control it here.

1 Like

Cuomo…not one person died for lack of equipment.

Well that didn’t work, did it?

Today’s daily press briefing is apparently delayed. I wonder why?

2 Likes

According to Fauci, lives were saved because of the early travel restrictions so yes, it did work.

We are nearing 200,000 dead.

Can’t put those all on Cuomo.

And it could have been 2,000,000.

I am sure that lives were saved.

More lives could have been saved if he had taken the issue as seriously as he knew it was.

Trump knew.

March 9th, 2020

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1237027356314869761?s=21

3 Likes

IS he doing a briefing, or is it Kayleigh?

Remember back in like March when the projected death toll would be around 80,000 and how horrible that would be?

The President knew just how deadly this thing is and continued to act like it wasn’t.

This is clear negligence.

So #playitdown?

I know - heck, I could even see giving him a pass on the rhetoric if he was working behind the scenes since the day he realized it was so serious. Then the ‘I didn’t want to panic people’ might be palatable.

But he did nothing.

1 Like

It could have been 20,000

3 Likes

He is a ■■■■■■■ monster.

“wHAt aBoUt cuOMO” = the reason why states had to fend for themselves. If there were ever a ■■■■ up of any kind, you escape blame.

2 Likes

Yesterday’s ‘Trump hates all military’ has fallen away supplanted by today’s ■■■■■■■■ crisis extraordinaire. Predicted. Tomorrow this will be replaced by the next faux outrage.

1 Like

And what does it say about President Trump that he let him.

:rofl:
.WW, PSHS

There’s nothing faux about the outrageousness of this POTUS.