Trump Threatens to Sue CNN Over Bias in Reporting

?
You have a very active imagination.

There is no clarification required. I don’t know your education level but what part of “A ridiculous letter clearly done for political rather than legal purposes" is confusing to you?

What lawyer would put their name on this? Trump puts lawyers in a position of making ridiculous arguments all the time.
This one looks like it was cobbled together on a moments notice. Is there an actual legal argument in there somewhere?
If an actual complaint is filed this law firm better come up with a better argument. Else they could suffer a reprimand from the court.

The part that appears to be acceptable to you? Is it?

.^
Now bear with me a minute Okay!!!

If this were to go to court, then there would be the ability to develop evidence. That means CNN would be able to subpoena documents and testimony to show that their reporting was true correct?

Oh Jesus! Bring on the suit.
.^^^^

2 Likes

Agreed. Do it. Trump supporters should sue too. Do it now, unless you’re chicken.

.^

Hey, if Trump is the one suing - could he claim Executive Privilege to not testify?

Ah wait, it would be a civil suit and the SCOTUS has already ruled that Presidents can be required to testify if they are a direct party based on the Clinton case. And since he would be the one suing he’d be a direct party.

Oh Jesus! Bring on the suit.
.^^^^

3 Likes

However jr, manafort the felon and Khushy did in fact met with Russians to get dirt on hillary. That is a fact.

Allan

Yep. A fact that Mueller looked into, didn’t he? And for numerous reasons concluded nothing illegal there.

IMO, the fact that the Russians would have to go through such a contorted process to meet with Don Junior is proof enough there was no system of communication set up the way some (Steele) liked to say. Why would that have met through that guy in Britain?

1 Like

If Trump decided to sue, would the CNN lawyers be able to call Trump to testify?

See Clinton v. Jones.

The GOP spent around 5 years investigating President Clinton and he was forced to testify on the Paula Jones case.

.^^^^

Isn’t Project Veritas named in a similar vein to that of Little John of Robin Hood fame?

Not sure. In my mind, I always associate it with backup software and my Mustang GT axle backs. :grinning:

Maybe he should sue Mulvaney for bias in blurting out the truth.

1 Like

I could envisage some very interesting questions that could be put to D Trump under oath. Do you think that D Trump would have read QB VII by Leon Uris?

Hah! I doubt Trump could read “Hop on Pop”

2 Likes

We have a president who neither the left or right takes seriously. This is where we are now.

I did appreciate the absurdity of suggesting that D Trump has read a novel as I was typing my post.

1 Like

there’s no attack on first amendment

sorry i see through the babified media crybaby narrative

is this how you normally speak?