Trump Threatens to Sue CNN Over Bias in Reporting

Nobody in CNN’s legal department is worried… I just hope they don’t move for dismissal before plenty of discovery…

Maybe they threw Trump’s letter in the trash just as Ukraine’s President did with Trump’s other letter.

Out of curiosity, did this letter to CNN have a “I’ll call you later” at the bottom?

2 Likes

A ridiculous letter clearly done for political rather than legal purposes.

Regardless, it’s the executive branch of the government trying to impede free speech and press. The letter itself is a violation, regardless whether the threatened suit has merit.

This is the kind of ■■■■ that Trumpists will support, though.

Really? Threatening to sue someone is now political?

CNN pushed the Russian collusion hoax, they are all scum and deserve what ever pain Trump brings them.

1 Like

Oh. totally cool, then. I mean, if it’s the representative of the Chief Executive acting for political and not legal reasons.

Mueller’s report stated differently.

That wasn’t fake news. There was an actual Federal investigation into Russian collusion in the 2016 election. The press didn’t initiate those investigations. They reported it.

1 Like

So, you’re saying frivolous lawsuits and threats of such are now fair game in political campaigns?

Good to know.

The Mueller’s report was a fraud because they used second hand information from Crowdstike.

Page 2 of part one of the Mueller report:

“…the investigation did not establish that the Trump Campaign coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities.”

3 Likes

This is the third post that completely misrepresented what I said. Go read it again.

Whenever a post starts out “So, you’re saying…” the chances are 99% that what follows is not what the person was saying.

2 Likes

Lol pathetic. You should probably deflect to libya now.

This is what you said, correct:

This letter was an explicit threat of an entirely frivolous lawsuit, made by Trump’s reelection campaign, is it not?

You say it was for “political” reasons, not “legal” reasons.

Is that ok with you - that Trump’s campaign is using frivolous lawsuits (if they follow through), or just the threats (if they’re lying) for political purposes during a camapign?

If so, how is that any different from what I said?

He should have sent it to Erdogan.

1 Like

“One of the things I’m going to do if I win, and I hope we do and we’re certainly leading. I’m going to open up our libel laws so when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money. We’re going to open up those libel laws. So when The New York Times writes a hit piece which is a total disgrace or when The Washington Post, which is there for other reasons, writes a hit piece, we can sue them and win money instead of having no chance of winning because they’re totally protected” - Donald Trump

Defamation is common law, not statutory law.

The President can’t “change” it.

What I said:
“A ridiculous letter clearly done for political rather than legal purposes.”

That is what I said and what I meant. That is all I have to say on the subject. It is not worth more comment. You can read into that simple English language statement whatever is going on in your head about it, but what I quoted above is all I said and all I meant.

1 Like

@DougBH totally agree pure political showmanship to refire the red hat base and maybe to TRY and deflect from other issues