Trump sues in bid to block congressional subpoena of financial records

Some don’t post anything with a thought in it.

They are busy doing real work, not putting out Democrat allegations.

1 Like

They already did the work, no need to do it all over again.

Also, he is not being asked to release anything. He has already lied about his willingness to do so. His accounting firm has been subpoenaed to release the information to Congress. It’s not his choice anymore. He lost his opportunity to release the information and frame the discussion.

I am not deflecting.

I am concerned that a man with as many fingers in pies as what D. Trump has, would potentially reduce sanctions on a country where Trump is making money. It has nothing to do with crimes, it has to do with the President putting country before business.

And until Trump has proven this, I am weary of his motives and intentions.

Kind of worrisome that Trump has closed door meetings with Putin without any translators present. What was discussed? I know Trump supporters don’t care at all. I am worried. I am worried that in Helsinki, Trump sided with Russia over US intelligence agencies.

Only if the courts agree that the subpoena is anything but political harassment.
Tell me he has lost control of it when it is in the Dems hands.

I don’t understand. If Trump isn’t hiding anything, and he’s on the up-and-up, it shouldn’t be difficult to release his tax returns. He even said he would release his returns. But then he’s asked again, and he tells the same old tired talking point of once the audits are over. He’s punting the football, like he’s hiding something.

The subpoena is a response to open testimony. Thank AOC for clearly delineating this in her questioning of Cohen. They have a duty to ask for this information. It was quite clear when she questioned Cohen of what would happen next. This is not a surprise.

Just because a Trump hater lays out a hypothetical, doesn’t mean a person’s private life can be intruded upon. That’s not how things work in America. I’m still flabbergasted that Trump hating DEMs believe otherwise.

I guess when it comes to visceral hatred of someone, all rights of that targeted individual get thrown by the wayside.

They need to get a warrant if this is an investigative matter.

Forgive us for not accepting your conclusions.

An accurate statement about DEMs who really; really hate this president! :+1:

Actually revenge politics isn’t their job. It really isn’t.

Not in the bizarro world of Trump haters. Nothing is off limits there.

It wasn’t a hypothetical. Watch the video I posted earlier.

Disagreement with the policies of the president is not hating.

No matter how long you push that lie I will be to refute it.

Allam

Not needed. The firm has already expressed their willingness to comply with the subpoena.

Shall furnish.

Allan

AOC’s line of questioning wasn’t hypothetical. Her conclusions were.

We are actually in agreement.

But you and I both know this has nothing to do with a policy disagreement. This is actual, real visceral hatred of Trump - having nothing to do with political ideology.

Congress has no law enforcement function. If they believe a law has been broken, they can either impeach or they can provide a criminal referral to the DOJ for subsequent follow-up. They would issue a warrant, not the House.