Trump sues in bid to block congressional subpoena of financial records

Well that is you opinion, mine differs.

Oversight is part of congress,s job which is why they have unlimited access to records if needed for legislative intent.

It’s like the Benghazi hearing, how many lol.

I didn’t hear you whining about Hilary hating republicans.

Allan

Oversight is a Congressional function. Revenge politics however isn’t Congressional oversight. And that is exactly what is in play from Trump hating DEMs in position of power in the House.

In regards to Benghazi, that was a very real incident where 4 American’s died. The events surrounding that incident were clearly covered up, and very visibly. It is a given that there would be congressional hearings. The multiple hearings were the result of massive Obama interference and obstruction, including the destruction of Hillary’s emails on an illegal private server.

It is absurd to compare that legitimate oversight function with the Trump hating revenge politics taking place in the House today.

1 Like

Well that is just stupid. First of all Congress and more specifically the Ways and Means Chairman isn’t open for all, it’s one person.

2nd and more importantly, the chairman requesting said information is not based on a Freedom of Information Act, which wouldn’t cover tax documentation of any individual anyway. It’s based on a federal statute far older than that.

I would say if you don’t like that, call your congressman and get them to change the law :slight_smile:

My prediction is that Trump’s taxes won’t be forthcoming anytime soon.

Republicans covered for Trump while they had complete control.

Now we get actual oversight.

Now we get revenge politics. :wink:

But that’s ok. Trump will have the last laugh when he wins his second term.

No. I’ll stick with the Fourth Amendment protection. Get a freaken search warrant from a judge.

:roll_eyes:

JWK

Oh they will be forthcoming one way or another.

Which Congress can’t do.

The beauty is that we will be able to see which of us is right in fairly short order.

What else can you say when actual oversight starts?

Republicans didn’t do their job. Now democrats will.

Once again, DEMs will simply go after anything and everything to see if something sticks. That isn’t oversight. That is 3rd world revenge politics.

Don’t need one.

Section 6103(f).

I’m gonna give you some free advice. Whatever Trump’s taxes show, don’t celebrate. They will have to follow up on all leads to make sure he’s not up his eyeballs in debt to foreign entities.

You keep making my case as you salivate over the possible takedown of Trump. 3rd world revenge politics seems to be your cup of tea.

Wasn’t referencing the tax code with the fourth amendment argument.

Spare us all the talking point.

Actually that is something I made up on my own, but it does very appropriately describe what is going on. I’m making it up as I go along, but I kind of like it! It has a nice ring to it! :+1:

One would think that all Americans would want to know if an American president is beholden to foreign entities.

Republicans didn’t do their job. Now democrats will to have to pick up the slack.

Ways and Means Chairman doesn’t need a warrant to get Trumps tax returns. It couldn’t be made more clear.

And I for one am gonna be hard pressed to think that a federal judge and even the SCOTUS Justices themselves are going to make a value judgement as to the validity of why Neal requested the documents as opposed to the plain text reading of the statute itself.

He just needs to say that he needs them for legislative purposes, which he did and that is what the statute requires. Federal judges aren’t going to be mirroring your 3rd world revenge politics view.

1 Like