Trump sues in bid to block congressional subpoena of financial records

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-sues-in-bid-to-block-congressional-subpoena-of-financial-records/2019/04/22/a98de3d0-6500-11e9-82ba-fcfeff232e8f_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.bbb70b7fa387

There you go folks. There’s your big ole gigantic glaring neon red flag. Trump knows he’s done for once they follow the money trail (in conjunction with the Mueller report of course). So he is gone from promising to release his tax returns to suing to prevent an equal branch of government from reviewing where his money is to make sure he’s not indebted to foreign entities over our own country.

This is his last stand. He has to keep them from investigating his money.

1 Like

I think congress should have to meet the same standard as law enforcement on a subpoena like this. Dem’s in congress don’t care what they do, they have to find something, anything to embarrase Trump before the next election. Congress can’t toss him in jail or file charges. DOJ is the one that should be looking into any crimes that someone is alleging he has committed.

1 Like

Realistically, we should all be happy that there is now oversight. Previously republicans controlled everything and didn’t bother double checking anything. They just wanted their agenda pushed through regardless of who Trump is indebted or how he damages the USofA.

Nahhhhh.

That’s a terrible approach.

Trump brought his own enormously swampish deep state to the DoJ. Barr lied to our faces about what was in the Mueller report minutes before it was released.

He has proven multiple times, both for Trump and for Bush, that he has absolutely zero predilection for the pursuit of actual justice or the injection of anything remotely related to the truth in our national dialog.

It’s time to drain the swamp.

6 Likes

If one reads the Mueller Report, one would see that the President as a candidate was willing to sign a letter of intent to back the construction of a tower in Moscow using financing of a bank that was under US sanctions.

I am not really sure why people want to defend him anymore.

9 Likes

They have not read the report. They don’t know what they’re up against.

1 Like

“Law and order” party.

If he has done nothing wrong, he has nothing to hide.

1 Like

Can you imagine having to defend that guy every day?

The 1st paragraph from the link in the OP is the funniest…

“President Trump sued his own accounting firm and the Democratic chairman of the House Oversight Committee at the same time on Monday — trying an unusual tactic to stop the firm from giving the committee details about Trump’s past financial dealings.”

No, I can’t.

I spotted that con-artist a mile away. Apperantly, millions of my fellow countrymen didn’t… and still haven’t figured out how full of ■■■■ he is.

1 Like

Good for President Trump. If Congress wants to create their own witch hunts, then force them to do their work.
When is Holder going to provide those documents related to “Fast and Furious”, by the way?

Checks and Balances

Actually, it’s congress cleaning up after the Republican party. The members of the party could have held Trump as accountable as virtually every other major party nominee for two generations. Yet the party and its members actively pursued a policy of protecting the guy who totally bull ■■■■■■■ them

When folks say “good for Trump” they’re really thanking Trump for covering up their own malfeasance to the Republic.

3 Likes

So bogus investigations set up by the outgoing administration that can’t be stopped without accusations of obstruction are good for the Republic.

This post is a terrible, terrible mischaracterization of my post and a conclusion that is far, far afield.

Sorry you did not approve

It’s kind of funny how easy it is to tell who hasn’t read any of the Mueller report.

6 Likes

Good for him.

You think a President should just roll over and take it?

They actually know. They just don’t care. There’s almost nothing that can’t be ignored when the need for a messiah is high.

2 Likes

Transparency is bad.

If Trump has nothing to hide, he should release his tax records.