Trump sues in bid to block congressional subpoena of financial records

I’m looking forward to finding out how someone as devoid of intellect as Maxine Waters became so wealthy on a Democrat politician’s salary. I have the feeling that, since Dems think it’s their duty to comb the presidents finances, they are inviting some fine tooth combing of their own as well. I suspect there is going to be a lot of investigating done of the income streams that have raised the financial boats of Democrat politicians who have unreasonably elevated levels of funds in their bank accounts. .

Do you think if asked she would release her tax returns?

Go ahead begin your investigations.

Be sure its only Democrats. We all know that Republicans are innocent and by the book.

By the way, a Democrat politicians salary is the same as a Republicans.

I don’t know how wealthy she is, but a quick google search has her current husband as being a former NFL player with a couple championships. So them having money wouldn’t be crazy.

Let’s be clear here.

This has nothing to do with congressional oversight. That is a red herring. These actions are being taken by hyper-partisan Trump-hating DEMs who are looking to extract revenge for Trump beating their queen in 2016. Nothing will be out of bounds in their path of destruction, including the destruction of our Democracy.

They absurdly state that if Trump has nothing to hide, then he should have no problem with the massive invasion of his privacy by Government officials looking to extract revenge and to punish him. That’s how things work in a banana republic but not in the U.S. That DEMs seem to be ok with this speaks volumes and scares me to death should they ever regain control of Congress and the WH.

1 Like

I wouldn’t release ■■■■■ He has no obligation to help them do anything.

That isn’t the question you are asking at all. With no evidence of anything, you are asking if we are ok with a massive invasion of privacy by big government in order to punish someone for daring to rock the boat.

To that question I have to respond, not in a million years.

No…

That’s how things work in a banana republic, not in the U.S.

This could all have been avoided if Trump had divested himself of his business interests and released his taxes. There’s a reason that is the norm for presidential candidates. It works to eliminate even the appearance of conflict between his business interests and policies that he implements. Because he chose not to do that, Congress is not only entitled, but obligated, to make sure that Trump’s decisions are in the best interest of the American people and not just himself. You know, oversight.

He brought this all on himself.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s definitely my main concern with Trump. The boat rocking. :rofl::roll_eyes::rofl:

He’s so mavericky!

1 Like

By the end of Trumps term (or terms) in office, the shoulder, pectoral, bicep and tricep strength will be enormous with all the water carrying his supporters do.

1 Like

You should really put your mind reading abilities to more effective use. Might I suggest high stakes poker, or sports management?

I didn’t think you would actually respond to anything I stated. :roll_eyes:

Notice the word “punish”.

All Congress wants to do is see his tax returns.

Since OJ, I mean Trump, is innocent of everything, there is nothing to hide, right? Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.

How does one respond to banana republic comments?

No other candidate has had even a fraction of the holdings that Trump has. A true divestiture would have all but destroyed Trump’s company. Trump did the best he could under the circumstances.

Stop hiding behind Congress. This has nothing to do with congress or oversight. This has everything to do with Trump-hating DEMs extracting their revenge.

Yep! for daring to beat Hillary.

So which company, or portion of it, did Trump put into a true blind trust, controlled neither by him nor his family? I’m going to guess “none”.

Pretty simple really.

This whole argument is a classic example of framing the discussion.

DEMs are looking to extract revenge with their new found House majority. Obviously they can’t say that, but instead have chosen to frame their revenge as Congressional oversight. After all, who doesn’t agree that Congress has constitutional oversight authority?

You cherry picked my closing statement, while ignoring my prior statements. How about quoting all or nothing?