Trump-SNL-Court?

This post sounds testy.

1 Like

It should be shocking, horrifying, that the US president is suggesting that ridiculing him might be, or should be, illegal. But he’s been telling us this about his thinking for a couple of years. Trump loves Putin’s “leadership,” which includes murdering critical journalists. Trump loves North Korea’s Kim, who runs state media and allows no other. Trump loves the Saudi crown prince, who ordered the murder of a US resident journalist - an act which didn’t phase Trump one bit.

So, no surprise here, at this point. The cult-like defense and admiration for Trump is sad, I wish it were surprising.

4 Likes

I completely understand the choice of watching comedians for news when the alternative is to watch a bunch of mopes like maddow, matthews, lemon, o’donnell and cuomo.

At least this way you all get to hide your hatred behind the guise of humor. Hate comedy is all the rage now.

“Should be tested in courts, can’t be legal?”

What in the world?

Trump is a bozo.

Political comedy really isn’t funny unless you’re already familiar with the material. The average Daily Show watcher is more informed than your average Fox News watcher.

1 Like

Very strange.

Not supporting the President is equal to hatred.

Interesting.

I love the smell of impotent, weak bleating from the GOP president in the morning.

Yes, Sweet Donald, it might not be legal.

Yes, Darling Donald, it’s so unfair, and should be in court.

Yes, Sweet pea, it’s probably collusion.

Now lay your Adderall/hot sauce addled brain back down on your golden pillow for your 3 hour Executive Time nap.

Sweet Dreams!

5 Likes

Hatred should be tested in courts, can’t be legal?

Living in a world where political commentary and satire is tested in the courts.

What could go wrong?

Lock them up…lock them all up! Everyone’s making fun if trump, colllllllusssssionnnnnn. When trump says something deranged everyone talks about it at the same time.

It’s none of his ■■■■■■■ business what a comedy show does and he has ZERO authority to do anything about it.

I care. But your childish comeback is noted.

Trump should make a day for imprison people he doesn’t like, I say Mondays. He can call a group of people into a board room and they can make their case in front of the American people as to why they shouldn’t be locked up and then he can pick the loser. SNL, I’m sorry, no pardon!

The best part of the tweet is how he’s trying to take ownership of the word “collusion” by turning it around . . . after Saturday Night Live’s excellent-but-too-on-the-nose-to-be-funny spoof on “It’s a Wonderful Life?”

Yeah, good luck with that PR effort, bozo.

You said it was a comedy, but I said what it means. I only hope that such influential shows as SNL will be fair for Donald Trump, just as they are for Democrats. Otherwise, we must look at the application of the court.

Chuck and Nancy colluded to make Trump look foolish in the White House meeting, illegal?

1 Like

Funnier he thinks it’s a news source and even worse that a supposed world leader has time to complain about it on social media.

He should’ve gone full bozo with his PR effort.

“defame & belittle! Collusion? Obstruction? Perjury? Treason?”

Then his supporters would’ve had a ready-made “Bu-bu-but SNL!” reply to every single part of the controversy.

1 Like

They have no obligation to be fair and there is no legal recourse for anyone to do anything about it and that is how is should be. It’s the same reason evil people like actual Nazis are allowed to voice their opinions. You cannot limit freedom of speech for some and not for others. What you are asking for would practically shut down Fox and Friends as well for example. .