Trump Says He Will Override Governors On Church Openings

I hope the cameras are there to catch him going into services on Sunday morning.

1 Like

The President has the authority to override the sovereignty of an individual state?

Is there a link to this statement?

President Trump demands governors reopen churches, synagogues and mosques 'right now' - YouTube assuming its in this

Panderer’s are going to pander…

People need to start tattooing this post on their forehead. Backwards so it’s legible in a mirror

2 Likes

Please note the following taken directly from the Bill of Rights (I bolded the pertinent part of that passage).

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

1 Like

It’s still funny.

Blew right past his handler.

Do you need a church to exercise your religion?

1 Like

I told you we weren’t so different.

I agree. Places of worship should be opening under the same safety guidelines as others. If they can do that there’s no reason for them not to open.

He did all he needed to do.

Just give the bubble governor’s a wake up notice.

Besides most houses of worship are half empty already.

You need a better reason to keep them closed.

They can open as safe as a governor can hold a press conference.

No right is absolute. It’s why you can’t use your religion as a means of killing another person or discriminating against that person

You missed the point.

…As did you.

Wrong. I’m well aware of the bill of rights. I’m also aware of the legal history that says no right is absolute and that all are granted reasonable regulation. Otherwise, what couldn’t a church do? Can their priests molest children in the name of religion? Can they sacrifice each other? Can they refuse to properly medicate and feed their children?

Sorry, libs. You can’t kill the church like that. :hugs:

4 Likes

The gathered assembly for the purpose of worshiping God is a central element of the Christian faith, some minor sects notwithstanding.

And Polygamy is part of some Mormon sects …and they can’t practice that element legally.

So what? Some of us dont look to the state to determine the legality of our practices.