Trump Right to Commute Blagojevich Sentence

Cosby is old. All that was a long time ago. He should be out, paying his taxes.

1 Like

I mean, he won’t be getting a job selling sandwiches ever again! It’s a wasted jail cell at this point, may as well set him free!

No. He needs to stay put.

Nice association though with absolutely no relevance to the topic.

Why the insistence on such wild speculation?

Tell us why you think Blago is a danger and needs incarcerated.

We don’t lock people up simply because they’re “dangerous”.

So, let me get this straight…guy was found guilty on 17 charges including wire fraud (up to 20 years), attempted extortion, and conspiracy to solicit bribes and this guy needs commutation? What does the OP say the new reduced sentence be?

Yeah, Trump is definitely sending messages.

We don’t tolerate excessive sentences or selective prosecutions either.

Time served is appropriate in this case IMO.

Of course!

:laughing:

Who said anything about Blago being dangerous.

He is, however, a convicted criminal tried by a jury of his peers and now doing time for his crimes. Why the enthusiasm to let him out of that punishment?

Partisanship.

Neither of which happened in this case.

Was the jury that found him guilty on 17 counts “selective”?

The jury did not impose the sentence.

It will be people that were convicted of crimes he is facing himself. He can relate perfectly with them. He feels he was treated unfairly so he’s on a campaign to restore fairness to the DOJ. In his sick mind only though.

Why the hell not? A borough in New York is about to elect a felon and a tax cheat to the House of Representatives.

The hell of it is, it’s not even the partisanship you think.

I mean, if Hillarly had won and was trying to commute Blagos sentence, do you beleive for even one minute a single one of these Trumpers here wouldn’t be screaming “abuse of power”?

Of course you do. All the time. In fact for about forty years. I haven’t seen you on the barricade against minimum sentencing standards, federal sentencing guidelines, or prison over population.

1 Like

I guess corruption is the new conservative fad.

1 Like

Laying the ground.

Yup. He’s pushing the ethical line further and further back.