Trump Right to Commute Blagojevich Sentence

This is a very interesting topic. That he was removed as Governor I would be OK with, but the criminal time he has served IS an outrage.

“I’ll tell you another one … there’s another one that I’m thinking about. Rod Blagojevich,” Trump said, according to a pool report. “Eighteen (sic) years in jail for being stupid and saying things that every other politician, you know that many other politicians say.”

“And if you look at what he said, he said something to the effect like, ‘What do I get?’ … Stupid thing to say. But he’s sort of saying … he’s gonna make a U.S. senator, which is a very big deal,” Trump said. “If you read his statement, it was a foolish statement. There was a lot of bravado. … Plenty of other politicians have said a lot worse. He shouldn’t have been put in jail.”

Good call President Trump. Make it happen.

This is amazing.

He’s actually getting Republicans to now defend Blagojevich as some poor victim :grin:.

1 Like

The sentence is WAY out of line with the conviction.

Time served is even excessive. He did not enrich himself personally.

:laughing:.

He’s a crook. And he was held up as an example of Democratic corruption for quite some time. But now it’s time to fall in line.

Trump is sending a message with this one imo, not just trolling as he was with D’souza.

1 Like

You guys have zero shame

2 Likes

Anyone interested in justice will agree with the President, IMO.

Of course you would say this because you are a partisan

1 Like

#PardonOJ

1 Like

Some politicians are being punished severely by law enforcement and some are being protected by those same entities. We should all be outraged that the treatment and punishment for all is equal. This applies to drug sentences between the races and how no one went to jail for the economic meltdown in 2008. Crimes were committed and yet, not one politician or banker went to jail. We should all be outraged at these blatant differences.

2 Likes

Amazing. A guy tries to SELL a senate seat, and there are people here defending him.

What the hell is going on in the Republican party these days?? Looks like I got out just in time.

3 Likes

The president is not interested in justice. That’s a joke. Though, I’m not saying that I disagree with every one of the pardons.

It was wrong…very wrong. What should his punishment be IYO?

Yes, if you buy into every conspiracy theory about X politician, and they don’t end up facing any charges let alone jail-time, I imagine it would look uneven and unfair.

You need evidence. Not just ■■■■■■■■ spin and smoke, but evidence that will hold up in court. Blagojevich was found guilty by a jury on 19 counts, there was more than enough to get him.

Concerning Hillary, Comey testified of the many laws that were broken on national tv. There was mountains of evidence. What was said was subjective that she didn’t “intend” to break the law. Now you tell me…a person that is “the most qualified Presidential candidate in the history of America” wasn’t aware of her misdeeds?

It’s in the negative numbers now unfortunately.

As well we should be BUT a politician trying to sell a political seat is beyond the pale. He got what he deserved and to now commute his sentence or to support the commutation out of partisanship is ridiculous

Proving intent is rather an important point when it comes to the law, Smyrna.

And Comey is gone. It’s Trumps DoJ now, and there are still no charges.

You swallowed the partisan propaganda, and are surprised when nothing comes of it.

I agree it was a serious crime of attempting to sell a senate seat and he should be punished. Does the punishment fit the crime is the question? Let’s say hypothetically that Hillary performed political deeds in exchange for donations to her foundation, would you consider that any better/worse than what we’re discussing?

1 Like

I didn’t swallow anything. I said this before they did. I stood right here and yelled foul at the top of my lungs. I’m just glad to see that what I suspected almost two years ago, appears to be being looked into by another source other than being directed under the Obama Administration.

Trump’s appointees in the DOJ are certainly in a position to file charges against Hillary if they wish. You may want to ask them why they haven’t.