Trump Right to Commute Blagojevich Sentence

If she accepted bribes yes she should be punished according to the sentenced accordingly once found guilty.

But then again you know this already, trying to constantly hypothesize avour a person who has never been tried or convicted in anything other than the court of Public opinion is a hell of a way to deflect from the President’s overarching need to commute his buddy’s sentence.

Do you remember when Trump said he only hires the best…I say bull feces. He went into office very naïve of our political system. Rod Rosenstein is proof of that. Not firing Comey on day one is proof of that. The good news though is, he appears to be wising up.

1 Like

“Lock her up! Lock her up! Lock her up!”

“That plays great before the election – now we don’t care, right?”

He pretty much told you to your face, Smyrna. He didn’t come up with the idea either.

You swallowed it whole.

2 Likes

So, besides swearing fealty to Trump and doing everything he wants, what’s the issue with Rosenstein?

You can rearrange history in your mind however you please but when Bill Clinton met Loretta Lynch on the tarmac just 3 days before she was to decide his wife’s fate and upon being called out on the meeting for her to recuse herself, which she defiantly declined but stated she’d “accept the recommendation of the FBI Director”…anybody with their eyes and ears open to their blatant misconduct as Comey spoke his “recommendation” on national tv.

1 Like

Every day I wake up further feeling like we’re in Bizzarro world and wondering how the hell we got here.

Amazing.

Lynch is gone. Comey is gone.

Still no charges.

“That plays great before the election – now we don’t care, right?”

Again, he told you.

The issue with Rosenstein is that the document he wrote declaring the scope of Mueller’s investigation went way outside of the stated intent of the investigation of whether or not the Trump campaign colluded with Russia. When Mueller then turned the investigation to “obstruction of justice” relating to the firing of Comey, ask yourself why the author of the document stating the evidence for it, didn’t then and now recuse himself?

Yep…they’re gone and now Trump must rid the departments of those who act on a political basis and not what is just under the laws of the land so that justice can proceed. My hope is that the IGs report will shed light on any political misdeeds in our top legal agencies of government.

And if it doesn’t?

He’s a year and a half in. If a purge is what you’re after, he’s a tad on the slow side.

Law and Order President my ass!

Boehner said best: This is Trump’s Party.

WRT a D former Governor of Illinois?

Not this time. Looking at the entire case, it looks WAY over zealous.

I wonder what comments Camp had concerning Blago back in the day?

:laughing:.

Found guilty on 17 counts, for wire fraud, attempted extortion and conspiracy to solicit bribes. Pretty much unanimously impeached by both parties.

Totally over-zealous.

Quid pro quo is politics. He did not try and make personal gain, he tried to get a deal for his career and campaign fund.

He got a VERY harsh sentence.

I agree that 18 is way too much. Six years, or one Senate term, is enough for selling a seat. Trump is right here.

So what…

Showing leniency towards corruption leads nations to become 3rd world hellholes.