Trump, on NFL, suggests players who kneel 'shouldn't be in the country'

link please

You are against bi racial relationships.

you have me confused with someone elseā€¦

either that or you intentionally posted a statement that is not true in order to further your heinous ideology.

I mean say what you want here, everyone knows your number.

Good lord, dude! If your projection onto others gets much stronger, you could end up doing a Kathy Griffin stunt in public with a plastic head that looks like Clarence Thomas.

See this video of Thomas? See the white woman behind him? Itā€™s his wife.

No one on this forum has been a stronger supporter of Clarence Thomas than I. Libs - in contrast - all weigh in with every imaginable excuse in the world to hate him. But I think we know what their real reason is.

Cool your heals. You sound dangerous.

Haha thatā€™s a good one! You get a treat.

And now they have buyers remorse and are too angry to admit it. Itā€™s a circle of dumb assery.

1 Like

Do you even understand how protest works? How getting attention to a point of view works?

*hint - Rosa Parks wasnā€™t protesting public transportation

The resultant boycott was against bussesā€¦ not the entire city of Montgomery, not the entire state, and certainly not the entire United States of America and the men and women in uniform who defend it. The boycott highlighted a disgust for policies of the bus lines.

The NFL sitters/kneelers are expressing their disgust for the entire United States of America.

You are missing my point. They are kneeling because they are making a statement that they are unhappy with something that is happening in the United States. They want to get people talking, and here we are.

The greensboro 6 protested the woolworths lunch counter because they saw something I lnherently wrong with the way woolworths ran their lunch counters - not because they hate lunch counters or woolworths.

What is it about America that you think needs to be changed that would cause those kneelers/sitters to stand and show respect for America?

And by staying away from games fans are making a statement that they are unhappy with the kneelers. See how that works? :grin:

Actually it was there for 8 years but left in jan 2017.

Where did you pull this pile of crap?

She and many others were protesting segregationist laws enacted by the states and protected by the federal government.

1 Like

ummmmā€¦ no . Rosa Parks triggered a protest against the bus lines. MLKā€™s speech just a few days after her arrest said this.

"But we are here in a specific sense, because of the bus situation in Montgomery. We are here because we are determined to get the situation corrected. This situation is not at all new. The problem has existed over endless years. For many years now Negroes in Montgomery and so many other areas have been inflicted with the paralysis of crippling fears on buses in our community. On so many occasions, Negroes have been intimidated and humiliated and impressed-oppressed-because of the sheer fact that they were Negroes. I donā€™t have time this evening to go into the history of these numerous cases. Many of them now are lost in the thick fog of oblivion but at least one stands before us now with glaring dimensions.

Just the other day, just last Thursday to be exact, one of the finest citizens in Montgomery not one of the finest Negro citizens, but one of the finest citizens in Montgomery-was taken from a bus and carried to jail and because she refused to get up to give her seat to a white person. Now the press would have us believe that she refused to leave a reserved section for Negroes but I want you to know this evening that there is no reserved section. The law has never been clarified at that point. Now I think I speak with, with legal authority-not that I have any legal authority, but I think I speak with legal authority behind me -that the law, the ordinance, the city ordinance has never been totally clarified. "

"And certainly, certainly, this is the glory of America, with all of its faults. This is the glory of our democracy. If we were incarcerated behind the iron curtains of a Communistic nation we couldnā€™t do this. If we were dropped in the dungeon of a totalitarian regime we couldnā€™t do this. But the great glory of American democracy is the right to protest for right. "

You see, when they kicked off the protest, it was NOT against the United States. It was NOT played out by disrespecting/sitting/kneeling during the national anthem. In contrast to the sitting/kneeling today, MLK jr praised the USA for the right to protest the bus line.

It was a boycott against the bus line.

O course it had larger implications and it inspired people across the entire nation. But it was a protest against the thing that needed to changeā€¦ not against the United States of America.

1 Like

Sure. Knock yourself out.

Fix racist bad policing. Punish cops who kill people for being black.

it would seem to me that you want to protest police departmentsā€¦ not the United States of America.

there was never a group of feds more sympathetic to your concerns than the one Obama and Eric Holder sent to Furguson, MO. But even they concluded that Wilson was in the right.

Iā€™d say that the kneeling and sitting is for an unproven accusation against the United Statesā€¦ namely that the US allows cops to kill people just because they are black.

did you do a bit of research and find out you were wrong? The ā€œpile of crapā€ (as you called it) was MLKā€™s own words.

where did you go to school?