Trump, on NFL, suggests players who kneel 'shouldn't be in the country'

Nope its idiocy. Protesting the flag because not every cop does his job perfectly? One has nothing to do with the other. It’s just stooopid.

Not even close.

That’s quite an understatement.

1 Like

Whether or not you think the protest is stupid, to pressure them to stop by hinting they are un-American because you can’t tell the difference between symbol worship and actual patriotism says more about you than about them.

1 Like

If you lived in a small town in the south and for the last 100 years X% more people were consistently shot by government representatives when they shouldn’t be, you’d be a ■■■■■ if you didn’t protest.

President Trump has a right to his opinion, and to express them - you don’t have to agree. Being President doesn’t mean you have to give up your personal opinions.

Greensboro colesium. October 2016. I know what I saw. It wasn’t a rainbow of people smiling. It was angry white dumbasses.

1 Like

Of course it does.

In which country?

Tell it to some one who buys it. :roll_eyes:

We also didn’t have the most expensive standing military in the world, by several degrees.

sit or stand, your opinion of our nation and its defenders is pretty obvious.

protest what? The national anthem honors the nation… not some small town, not the south, not some cop or people breaking the law.

Hey, at least I’m not having to see upside down American flags on pickup trucks eight years.

I didn’t see them. But… I did not select some redneck corner of the country in which to live. We all make choices based on what is important to us. It has been important to me that I don’t immerse myself or my family in bigotry. But it seems like others have a price and will gladly live in such a place in return for… what? Sunny golf courses? Beaches?

What’s the most funny about your post is a number of people here had upside down flag avatars for a long time.

And you interpreted that to mean what?

Who said the players didn’t like the country? Last I checked, the right to peacefully protest was a given right, and aren’t most American football (as opposed to soccer) players U S born? Where are they supposed to go?

they can protest outside of work.

now, this whole thing has been turned into a “you hate the US” thing (which is not what it’s about). one would think that decent people would JOIN them and say that government officials shooting/killing average Americans (in a certain group) at a higher % in similar situations is unacceptable. hell, last time i checked they are several times more likely to be shot/killed by police.

but that’s not who we are. we can’t come together and help a group that appears to be treated differently. we have to cry about it and boycott football.

it really makes zero sense.

You voted for Trump. You put bigotry in the White House.