Trump: Kim Jong Un "loves his people"

North Korea’s ‘body sites’: Rogue state kills citizens for watching foreign TV, report says

You know who really grinds my gears? Those who use “Coke” as a generic term for any soda. Not sure what region that comes from.

Atlanta…

Ugh. Me too. I think that’s in the MN and WI area. @LucyLou can probably help here.

That’s the area that I would have guessed, ref says much further south… maybe it’s spread. :slight_smile:

I was just winging it since that’s where Coke is headquartered.

Like some weird idiosyncratic disease. Quick, get caught up on your inoculations!!

Ha.

I grew up using the term Coke in California although my dad was from Georgia.

I had a friend from WI that always called any soda/pop Coke. He also called stop lights “stop-and-go-lights.” And ended too many sentences with the word “yet” even when the sentence had no relation to time. Great guy. Weird linguistics.

Am I the topic of discussion now?

But… if you want to play “Keeping up with Call_Me_Ishmael”…

I think he is the perfect President at this time. I personally believe he was the only one who could have beaten Clinton. So I’m not a fair weather friend to the President. I’m committed. And if there is ever anything he says or does that I disagree with, I might express an alternative preference but short of him being caught with an intern or lying about health insurance, I don’t expect I will criticize him for his choices.

That’s weird. Never heard it before. Though, as far as I know, I don’t know any native Wisconsians.

He has lied about health insurance. He lies about everything.

What he said to Kim debases himself, shows how desperate he is.

It’s really funny when you hear it with an accent that is close to what you heard in the movie Fargo.

Did the other Californians understand what you meant?

I don’t think he really knows what he’s saying. He just blubbers away.

He’s a sensitive used car salesman.

his red nose made it pretty obvious

I lived just about my whole life in the South. Not once did I ever meet someone who referred to Sprite or Dr Pepper as Coke. Don’t know where that myth comes from.

Naaaaaaahhh……I’d say the lib bar is pretty low right now with their disgraceful behavior.